TMI Constipation

BlondeP

Reaction score
Sorry for the not too nice subject but anyone have any speedy tips for easing constipation. I'm not sure what's safe or not to take like over the counter wise but I'm in agony :(

I don't take anything. I down a pint of water and hop into the bath for 15 mins with a good book and then try.

It seems to work for me most of the time. And I read on the toilet as something to focus on.

I hope you find some relief soon.

You can take lactulose or fybogel safely in pregnancy, I use fybogel and it works nicely.
To help go gently cos you don't want to strain and end up with piles, put your feet on two toilet rolls to lift your knees higher than your hips - squatting is the best and most natural position for pooing- so doing this really helps. Just take your time in the loo and relax with a book or your phone to play something, Facebook etc

Try putting your feet up on a bucket or something
That pose seems to help me go! Read it somewhere once! X

I used Lactulose throughout my pregnancy as recommended by my midwife and the pharmacist. You have to remember to drink lots of water with it though as it draws more water into the bowel to soften things up. My midwife also suggested glycerol suppositories if it got to crisis point!

I agree with the others - I put my feet on my toddler's step whilst trying to go!

Iv had a c section 13 days ago and been 3 times! It takes over a hour and I have to push. I'm going to by something to help as im uncomfortable. I didn't have this in pregnancy but now I definitely do. Not sure if I have piles, never had them before. How do you know if you have them, don't judge me if that sounds stupid haha.

Not sure how to tell if they are internal piles but if they are external you'll be able to feel them. They're pretty sore but anusol cream works a treat x

Prune juice. Normal glass full before bed. Keep your water intake up during the day as well. And your fibre. I find oats are helpful. Porridge, flapjack or hob nobs (funny but true!)

Lxx

I second Fybogel - it is brilliant for getting things moving. Also, maybe a suppositry if you are allowed them in pregnancy? I am unsure if you are but I use them sometimes to help me, I had a lot of stitches last pregnancy and couldn't go to the toilet without using a suppositry. Don't quote me on using them in pregnancy though, I hate being constipated sooo much

I have had previous issues with constipation and since becoming pregnant it just got so much worse!!! Since a lot of things we can't use now I have upped my fruit and am drinking plenty water!! That bit comes easy enough as I'm much more thirsty now but I read on a forum from years ago that suggested mangos and prune juice. I was getting crazy desperate and started drinking a mango smoothie with my lunch and always have prune juice in my fridge which I now swear by. Always have a big glass if I haven't gone in a few days and it gets things moving without me having to strain too much by the next day!

Prune juice is a gods send!! Just gulp it, you will get used to the taste. It's like drinking raisins

Currently suffering with this and I'm in my third tri. Oh got me some prune juice last night during his shift so I had a glass this morning (nothing so far) and will have a glass tonight when I'm home and if still nothing tomorrow morning I'm off to the chemist for help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back