TMI cervix q's?

GBLiz

Reaction score
Being as I'm now at that impatient stage I thought I would have a check to see if i could feel my cervix.....yes I know cervical changes can happen really fast or you can be dilated for weeks etc etc...and you shouldnt mess about up there.,....but ya know, curiousity and all that......I'd be FAR too squeamish to attempt to poke into it or actually check dilation but i wondered if i could even reach it and if it was at 'nose' 'pursed lips' or 'soft lips' stage.......well i did manage to find it and it is very very squashy...... question is.....does that mean anything being as i have had 2 vaginal deliveries? I know that with previous vaginal deliveries it would always be slightly dilated so that wouldnt mean anything, but does having previous births mean it would be squashy or does that mean its started to shorten/soften for labour?

I could never reach my cervix at all in late pregnancy. When I could reach it I went into labour within 24 hrs with all three of mine. I am sure it's different for everyone though and probably one of those things that it is hard to say anything unless you know your own pattern.

With my 3rd I had a scan less than 2 weeks before he was born and my cervix was super closed, high and long. He said it didn't look like I was going to go into labour in the next 6 weeks, lol. So I am assuming it changed fairly rapidly for me.

Last edited:
it's not exactly easy to reach! but i *think* its slightly more forward than when i first tried a few days ago and couldnt reach it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back