TMI but necessary!

EssJayPea

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I've hummed and hawed over asking this but I hope someone can relate and maybe give me some suggestions.

Since falling pregnant, I've become constipated (see? TMI!). I know that we have to watch what medications we can take, so wondered if there were any safe alternatives? I just feel so bloated and yucky!

Thanks in advance xxxxxxx

can't offer any advice on medications, but me to!... have just been drinking loads of fruit juice hoping it does some good!

lactulose is f9 and i have been takeing it

I've had same problem, try eating foods that are high in fibre x

Tub of vaseline lol....no I'm not kidding...and of course prunes

Tub of vaseline? Pmsl, sorry to sound blonde...but what exactly do u do with the vaseline? Lol.

I was constipated for a couple of weeks after I found out, now I'm going a little too often for my liking lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I was constipated too, it was awful and made me feel so sluggish. Def try lactolose, you can buy it over the counter at boots, worked for me
:)

Nothing worked for me hope you find a solution x

Tub of vaseline? Pmsl, sorry to sound blonde...but what exactly do u do with the vaseline? Lol.

I was constipated for a couple of weeks after I found out, now I'm going a little too often for my liking lol.

lol...reeeeeally warning tmi......when you are constipated the passage can be very dry and your poop can get stuck soooo you need to help unstick it...I suggest using a glove pmsl...it's only a short term fix when you really have to go but can't...or you can get home enemas from doc or chemist, it's just a tube of liquid with a long nozzle...you can imagine what you do with it lol

Before the sickness kicked in I ate lots of fruit and for breakfast had a mixture of sultana bran and Alpen - worked a treat as by that time I hadn't gone for three days!!!

have gotten really really constipated too, and bleeding which isnt good! didnt like the pressue it put on my stomach, was so scared of dislodging out little bean! (I know it cant but felt horrible)

visit to Boots tomorrow i think...........

lol...reeeeeally warning tmi......when you are constipated the passage can be very dry and your poop can get stuck soooo you need to help unstick it...I suggest using a glove pmsl...it's only a short term fix when you really have to go but can't...or you can get home enemas from doc or chemist, it's just a tube of liquid with a long nozzle...you can imagine what you do with it lol

Pmsl!!

Thanks for the variety of ideas! I'm learning all the time here ;-) xxx

I went to the chemist and she suggested Fybogel as it's natural and safe for pregnant women. Worked a treat xx

Orange Juice........Lots and Lots and Lots o Orange juice :) oh and prune juice yuck!!

Yep tinned prunes for me - works every time! haha

calfig, prune juice, lactulose, fybrogel, senna, orange juice, lots of veg, tummy massage, lots of water...

list goes on, but when you work with the elderly, you get to know all the tricks lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back