TMI- Blood Clots?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Postnatal Questions' started by ASD123456, Aug 12, 2008.

1. ASD123456

ASD123456 Well-Known Member

Hi

I am still bleeding after LO, and it doesn't seem to have tailed off at all yet. Today I have passed a blood clot the size of a penny which has worried me slightly as I haven't passed anything like this before so to have it now seems a bit strange. Has anyone any advice or experience of similar? Should I give the MW a call?

Alex xxx

2. daftscotslass

daftscotslass Well-Known Member

The advice I had was to call if anything was bigger than a 50p. Have you been discharged from the MW yet? If you have and you're worried give your HV a call x

3. poppy160

poppy160 Well-Known Member

I had a few of these too, but bigger. The MW wasn't concerned though. Like Scotslass said, call if they're bigger than a 50p piece.

4. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

Clots bigger than a 50p piece were what my MW said to notify her/HV/GP about. Anything smaller not to worry as it was all normal.

If you are really concerned give her a call (or perhaps your HV now if you've been signed off from your MW) and see what they say.

5. ASD123456

ASD123456 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the quick replies, have been signed off with the MW but was told I could still contact them until LO is 6 weeks. I'm going to see how it goes tonight and maybe give them a call during office hours tomorrow. I'm not overly concerned at the moment, hopefully this'll be a one off.

Alex x

6. keli

keli Well-Known Member

Have you been doing more than usual today? My Mw said i'd pass clots if i did too much. She said it would be fine tho just to expect it xx