Tired

Aisha83

Reaction score
My son is 6 months and he was sleeping great, 8hrs without waking up. Now however he is waking a minimum of 4x a night and i don't understand why. I read it could be teething pain his 2 bottom teeth have already come through and he didnt/doesn't seem to be in any pain from it and it doesn't seem to be bothering him. So other than the teething what else could it be? I'm sooooo tired

Babies sleep changes constantly from when they are born up until about the age of 3, their brains are rapidly developing including the development of circadian rhythms, one minute you might be in a particular sleep pattern the next it will have gone out the window! There’s certain points when they have major developmental and sleep ‘leaps’ it could be one of those x

Have a look at wonder weeks it will tell you all the developmental leaps and what happens during and leading up to them
Sleep patterns change all the time.
My 15 month old has slept through the night only twice.
Have a look at maybe tweaking your routine if you have one.

Hi, my daughter is 6.5 months old and I can relate!! There’s not a 6 month leap so it’s a bit confusing at this age! My daughter was sleeping through from 4 montns and then she learnt to sit up straight (at 5.5 months) and all of a sudden, from that day, we were up 6 times a night. I really think it’s because at 6 months they are rapidly learning new skills and all that brain development really screws with their sleep. It’s been a full month and her sleep is starting to improve a bit now, we’re down to 1-2 wake ups. Don’t stress, it will pass x

Have a look at wonder weeks it will tell you all the developmental leaps and what happens during and leading up to them
Sleep patterns change all the time.
My 15 month old has slept through the night only twice.
Have a look at maybe tweaking your routine if you have one.
Hi, not sure how I would tweak it tbh. He has a bath, relaxes for alittle and then he is fast asleep at 9pm on the dot. Iv tried getting him to sleep earlier and later but it hasn't worked. His daytime napping had changed as well, where he was sleeping 1-1 1/2 hrs at a time he now only sleeps about half hour. I did read that as he got older his nap times would change but I didn't think that from 5am (when he wakes) to 9pm he would only sleep a maximum of 2hrs through the whole day. So this and the fact he isn't sleeping at night now makes for a very grumpy baby and a very tired mummy

Hi, my daughter is 6.5 months old and I can relate!! There’s not a 6 month leap so it’s a bit confusing at this age! My daughter was sleeping through from 4 montns and then she learnt to sit up straight (at 5.5 months) and all of a sudden, from that day, we were up 6 times a night. I really think it’s because at 6 months they are rapidly learning new skills and all that brain development really screws with their sleep. It’s been a full month and her sleep is starting to improve a bit now, we’re down to 1-2 wake ups. Don’t stress, it will pass x
Thanks for your reply, I really hope it passes soon. Lol guess I just have to persevere. Bonus is I get to spend more time with him.

My DD was a great sleeper until she started waking up countless times a night at 6mo old. We went to the doctor as it kept getting worse and worse. Turns out she had an inner ear infection. Small babies are very susceptible to inner ear infections. After the treatment, she started sleeping through the night again. It doesn't hurt to get him checked out, it certainly helped with my sanity!
Good luck!x

Hi, not sure how I would tweak it tbh. He has a bath, relaxes for alittle and then he is fast asleep at 9pm on the dot. Iv tried getting him to sleep earlier and later but it hasn't worked. His daytime napping had changed as well, where he was sleeping 1-1 1/2 hrs at a time he now only sleeps about half hour. I did read that as he got older his nap times would change but I didn't think that from 5am (when he wakes) to 9pm he would only sleep a maximum of 2hrs through the whole day. So this and the fact he isn't sleeping at night now makes for a very grumpy baby and a very tired mummy

This probably explains his night sleep - he’s overtired. I think he’s going to bed too late, he needs 10-12hrs overnight. I know you’ve tried earlier and later but have you tried gradually bumping his bedtime back? To get him to sleep earlier you can bump his routine back by 5mins a night until he’s sleeping at 6-7pm. You’ve gotta be auper strict with routine and make sure he’s had enough naps for it to work though.

We had the 30min naps starting at 3 months which meant 4-5 naps a day haha. She now has one 1hr nap and two 30min naps, so still only 2hrs sleep. Short naps can mean he’s either too tired or not tired enough... It’s hard to know which! Just make sure he’s not staying up more than 2.5hrs at a time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back