Tips to get labour started?

Summergurl

Reaction score
Anybody got tips any they swear by to get labour started?

With my little boy I tried all the old wives tales and the only thing that seemed to work was I had 2 sweeps in one day and then everything started x

Hi Summergurl, there is nothing that I swear by. I have 3 children already (due date babies) and at 38 weeks I step up my walking and sex with orgasms. My children still come at 40 weeks. ��I tried castor oil before OMG it made me sick but it works for my sisters who are favorable. Just gave me cramps and diarrhea. ������
But I Wonder about herbal supplements black haw, black and blue cohosh, evening primrose, and raspberry leaves.

Ok, you know the annoying and unhelpful saying in ttc "just stop trying and it will happen"? Well, this is more true for labor. The more you try to kickstart labor yourself, the more you will drive yourself insane.

I know how you feel- When I was pregnant with my first, I wanted to punch anyone who told me to just relax and enjoy those last few weeks. But now I would give anything to have those last few precious weeks back of being able to fully relax and do whatever I wanted and anticipate my first baby. Being a mom is about to be THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, and it goes so very fast.

So if you can, tell yourself you'll worry about inducing labor at 42 weeks, and truly relish this time as much as you possibly can. Trust me, it is fleeting, and before you know it you'll be walking with your kid to school and planning his/her fifth birthday. It's crazy how it flies by.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back