Tips to get labour started?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Summergurl, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Summergurl

Summergurl Well-Known Member

Anybody got tips any they swear by to get labour started?

2. MrsB2105

MrsB2105 Well-Known Member

With my little boy I tried all the old wives tales and the only thing that seemed to work was I had 2 sweeps in one day and then everything started x

3. MrsT2011

MrsT2011 Well-Known Member

4. Toni1

Toni1 Well-Known Member

Hi Summergurl, there is nothing that I swear by. I have 3 children already (due date babies) and at 38 weeks I step up my walking and sex with orgasms. My children still come at 40 weeks. ��I tried castor oil before OMG it made me sick but it works for my sisters who are favorable. Just gave me cramps and diarrhea. ������
    But I Wonder about herbal supplements black haw, black and blue cohosh, evening primrose, and raspberry leaves.

5. Kholl

Kholl Well-Known Member

Ok, you know the annoying and unhelpful saying in ttc "just stop trying and it will happen"? Well, this is more true for labor. The more you try to kickstart labor yourself, the more you will drive yourself insane.

I know how you feel- When I was pregnant with my first, I wanted to punch anyone who told me to just relax and enjoy those last few weeks. But now I would give anything to have those last few precious weeks back of being able to fully relax and do whatever I wanted and anticipate my first baby. Being a mom is about to be THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, and it goes so very fast.

So if you can, tell yourself you'll worry about inducing labor at 42 weeks, and truly relish this time as much as you possibly can. Trust me, it is fleeting, and before you know it you'll be walking with your kid to school and planning his/her fifth birthday. It's crazy how it flies by.

#5 Kholl, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016