Tips to get labour started!

vixi_marie

Reaction score
I am sure there has already been a thread about this but I can't find it so thought I would start another one!

I am currently 38 weeks and melting in this heat so am very keen to get this baby moving! Any tips or old wives tales that we could try?

in my opinion I would only try the free ones I have spent money on oils and tablets that meant to induce labour and have got me nowhere!! so the free ones are sex and walking could treat yourself to a hot curry xx

I just posted a list in the August mummies thread today. We got these tips at our antenatal class:

- Raspberry leave tea. She said that using leaves would be the best and capsules don't really do the job.
- Pineapples but they only work when you eat about 8 a day!
- Sex seems to be the best. When you're getting induced the same hormones will be used as the ones that are released when having sex.
- Walking a lot.
- Eating spicy food.
- Stretch & sweep
- Acupuncture, reflexology and food massage seem to be very good!
- Holding a new born baby. Your body makes hormones which speed it up.

Hope it helps! xx

in my opinion I would only try the free ones I have spent money on oils and tablets that meant to induce labour and have got me nowhere!! so the free ones are sex and walking could treat yourself to a hot curry xx

Yeah , I'm due tomorrow and this is all I'm doing to try induce labour but really we all know baby wont come till it's good and ready . Still worth a shot tho :)

Sex sex sex! Convinced its the only thing that actually helps. Even your oh's sperm is useful, just imagine going back to the trying to conceive days of bum in the air after sex! Xxxx

Thanks girl. I know everyone says baby won't come until it's ready but at least it makes me feel like I'm doing something! xx

I've been going on daily walks and drinking raspberry leaf tea, eating pineapple.. last night we got a curry and had sex, still nothing!

been walking dancing running after kids having sex eating curries eating pineapple and kiwi nipple stimulation and nope nothing so far. i tried it all for weeks inc the rasb leaf tea with my little girl and she was still 5 days late and i was doing everything mentioned above from 38 weeks so im not getting my hopes up this time although my son was born on his due date and i tried nothing at all just happened with none of the above! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back