Tips please! (TMI warning) :D

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by saralou5, Feb 4, 2012.

1. saralou5

saralou5 Well-Known Member

Hey ladies.
    Basically, I've not pooped in 10 days and needless to say IT'S HURTING! :oops:
    I've tried EVERYTHING. Fibrey foods gradually introduced, prune juice (bleurgh), warm baths, gentle exercise, fruit & veg and even had my friend try reflexology earlier!! I've tried to avoid taking medication and stuff for it but it's getting to the point where I think it's the only option left!!
    Any other tips to help or any recommendations on safe-to-use products??
    Sorry again for TMI haha!! :oops:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Maria1977

Maria1977 Well-Known Member

I'd speak to gp to get a free prescription lol

I'm sure there is something safe during pregnancy. Not sure what else to suggest other than medicine as looks like you've tried everything.

I did see that someone on here said sports drinks worked for them though so maybe worth a try?

3. Smithy1980

Smithy1980 Well-Known Member

The doctor prescribed me Lactolose while I was pg! Worked wonders! I also find lots of fresh orange helps me when I can't go!

Hope u get sorted xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

4. babyelmo

babyelmo Well-Known Member

I swear by a kiwi fruit every day! I heard that tip when I was having my daughter, I was massively bunged up because of some painkillers I was taking for spd. Also Weetabix have the desired effect too!

5. VikkiR

VikkiR Well-Known Member

Lactulose works for me x

6. Jayjay027

Jayjay027 Well-Known Member

Sprinkle some golden linseeds on top of ur cereal every morning. They have no taste and unlike meds that softens the stool, they encourage ur bowels to get working again so u won't have that problem anymore :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

7. K80

K80 Well-Known Member

I've started drinking fresh orange like it's going out of fashion and it's helping me. Doc gave me some lactulose, it doesn't make you go, it just makes it less painful when you do! Other than that all the usual- bran flakes, fruit, veg, brown instead of White - bread, pasta, rice etc. Good luck. Nothing worse xx

8. K80

K80 Well-Known Member

Oh, and folic acid can sometimes make you constipated.

9. saralou5

saralou5 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips ladies :). Luckily (for me) my sister's oh had some lactulose, so I've taken 15ml s'afternoon and going to take 15ml before bed and I'm hoping it'll shift something by the morning! On the plus side, my belly's looking more preggers than it has done the whole time XD. Sad that it's a poo-baby though :'(.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Smithy1980

Smithy1980 Well-Known Member

Apparently if you down a pint of water after the Lactolose this is also meant to make it work faster or better! Someone at work told me this and omg it worked for me lol x

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!