Tips on settling your bundle down for the night

minikins

Reaction score
Ello,

Just wanted to know how you settled your bundles down for the night. I used to have no problems at all, but now Dominic is getting older things are starting to change.

I have always done;

Bath
Dress & gentle games
Boob
Straight down to bed with no talking and Dominic half asleep in his cot so he settles himself

Now I am starting to find that he is finding it harder to settle himself, although he has had a cold so I am wondering if that's it.

Any tips?

He is crying as I type this - boo hoo, will have to check on him again, but have to be careful not to stimulate too much or you go back to square one!!

x

Ditto - Connor is same age as you know, and he is starting to find it harder to setlle himself. He does seem to do better in his sleeping bag rather than blankets tho, I think cos he feels more enclosed and safe maybe? Also he can't kick it off.
I have also discovered in the last few days that one of his soft toys (its really really soft material dunno what its called) placed next to him makes him close his eyes right away. He pulls it to him and snuggles into it.
Is your bubba's room dark or do you have a light in there? If you have a light, even if its a night light, you might wanna try turning it off?
Hope his cold is soon better, let us know how you get on xx

Thanks for that mate.

I use the grobags, the room is dark - in fact I tried a soothing light tonight and it's not working - tee hee! And he has a favourite toy.

At least I know I am doing the right things, I think it's just a phase (hopefully not to last long) and it could be as he is a tiny bit blocked up but not much at all.

As I am now typing he is just about to settle he is making the odd noise, fighting sleep so hardly but it's just got him.

Yaay now I can eat my dinner and watch Eastenders :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back