Tips for Trying for a Girl? :)

MrsLG

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Hope all your pregnancies are going well :) This last stretch is not easy I know but it is definitely worth it! :thumbup:

Hope it is okay to post here :blush:

We are away to start trying for baby no 2 soon and although we will love whatever we (hopefully) manage to conceive we would like to try for a little girl seeing as this will be our last baby and we already have a boy....does anyone have any tips for trying for a girl? Anyone tried specifically for a sex and succeeded?

Thanks! :)

Apparently male sperm swim fast, but die quickly, female sperm swim slower and live longer. So in theory if you dtd a few days before ovulatation male sperm should die before reaching the egg, whereas female sperm would survive and reach the egg.

Google Dr Shettles, we have tried it but not sure if we've been successful. Also Google girl conception diet. When trying fir a girl, you should avoid potatoes and bananas and eat lots of dairy and tinned raspberries apparently!

I was sort of doing the things that are supposed to work for a girl (although tbh, I wasn't that convinced it would work, so didn't try that hard!) Definitely tried to time DTD for it. We're team yellow, so I guess we'll find out soon if any of that worked ahahah

I just used checked when I was ovulating and had sex then. I'm having a girl.

Blue class did you give up carbs and chocolate? I've heard that's supposed to work? Not sure I'm that bothered for a girl if that's wHat it takes :laugh:

I don't eat a lot of chocolate but I do love carbs. To be honest I don't think anything works, I think it's all coincidental. Not trying to sound rude to those who believe these things we all have our own opinion. I just think we get what we are given lol.

I don't eat a lot of chocolate but I do love carbs. To be honest I don't think anything works, I think it's all coincidental. Not trying to sound rude to those who believe these things we all have our own opinion. I just think we get what we are given lol.

Completely agree Blueclass. I think that if we had any choice at all, we'd know about how to do it. It's almost like the 'Is it a boy or a girl?' thing. My bump apparently says boy, but skull theory says girl and nub theory says either at different scans!

As Blueclass says, I am not meaning to sound offensive and realise this is partly a bit of fun, but I just think nothing makes the slightest difference! I will have what I have and hopefully he/she will be healthy and happy!

Totally agree ladies but as we have a boy it would be nice for my hubbie to have a little girl :) I would love another little boy! As you say though as long as they are healthy that's the main thing :thumbup:

I have 2 girls and desperate for a boy, I will be trying the opposite xx

Totally agree ladies but as we have a boy it would be nice for my hubbie to have a little girl :) I would love another little boy! As you say though as long as they are healthy that's the main thing :thumbup:

Knew that's what you meant, just saying I don't think it's at all possible to have any input at all! I didn't put it well, but just think that we'd all know about it if anything we did had any impact at all! Hope that you get your girl, though :) xx

I completley missed ovulation by loads and I'm having a girl. So I assume female sperm lives longer

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back