Tips for holiday with 2yo

naomi88

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Going to Menorca in early May with my OH and our little girl who will have just turned two.

Wondering if anyone has been on holiday with a toddler abroad and has any tips (things to do or not to do to make it as stress free as possible! )

Hoping we all enjoy it but a bit nervous!!

Xxx

We did Menorca when dd was 2 :) easiest holiday ever for the plane trip we had Peppa on the iPad and I bought a travel
Aqua pen set. We bought a few little toys when we were there. I will never forget the day we arrived and shed dived in the sea fully clothed. She spent 90% of the holiday in the pool or in the sea. We had one of those float vests and she used it in both. Made sure we always had cool drinks. I also made her have a nap after lunch (she'd already dropped it) this meant we could be out in the evenings we found a nice bar with a play area the kids play out till late. She ate lots of ice cream and pretty much lived off spaghetti she was hot so as long as she was eating something I was happy. You'll have a fantastic time I
Believe it's the perfect holiday destination for children. Xx

Nose spray, the first couple of times I flew I always had a sicky child after then I discovered nose spray and now do it before flying and sometimes after and it makes a massive difference ! And ask for your buggy to be delivered on the ramp where possible so you can get it back after you get off the plane instead of the belt.
I tend to take a cup I can re fill with water I tend to buy after security and I do buy him another fruit shoot! In some countries getting drinks for tots is a ball ache so make sure to keep a spare cup at hand so you can pour the drink into that.

Have a nice time!

Thanks ladies!! Really useful info ��

And fab to hear you found Menorca to be a great destination! Really looking forward to it now! Going to be so nice to get some sun...!
Xxx

We went to Menorca last year the week after my son turned 2 and we had a great time. We were all inclusive but did go out at night for a couple of hours. We spent the morning at the pool, went in for lunch then went a walk in the afternoon and he tended to have a nap about 12 or 1. Generally missing the highest sun of the day. Then out again later afternoon for another swim till 5 ish.Back to the appartment for a chill out with toys etc. Ready for dinner then after dinner went out to the street of bars of which every one had a play area. He was quite small compared to the others so one of us did have to stay with him to be honest but he had a ball. Back to the hotel later and a wee play and dance with the kids club folk and then he went to bed and we took advantage of the free bar.

We struggled to get him to eat to be honest but he is a fussy anyway. He didnt want his normal toast and anything hot and I panicked at the start as he was eating only yoghurt, banana,crisps and custard but to be honest by the end I was like right its fine hes eating and drank hundreds of water so I was fine.

Plane we had the ipad and Sheriff Callie figures and he was ok. Buggy right to the gate and rught back at the other side. Going to try Majorca this year but would really recommend Menorca.

Seen this thread earlier. No tips as such weve only been in the UK.

Saw this just now on fb though... Its a double bed sheet, prob could use single too...

xxxx

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1456262824048.jpg
    FB_IMG_1456262824048.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Will definitely be asking to take buggy up to the gate.

And RM what a fab idea!!! Xxx

Thinking millie might be a fussy eater when we are out there with the heat but she's a good drinker so hopefully that will be okay xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back