Tips for heartburn

Topsy

Reaction score
Has anyone got any good tips to ease my horrendous heartburn? Gaviscon works but only for a bit what can I drink as everything seems to make it worse

Xx

Milk. I find adding nesquick powder helps me to drink it as I don't like flavour. Ice cream and also rennies. I do find you need to avoid fruit juice where ever possible xx

Get yourself tot he docs.. they can prescribe something for you.

Mine has let up loads recently, bump feels lower... no easy to walk though haha.... but I have suffered really bad up until now... ice pops or anything cold was my saviour when I had no rennie left!

Tips online include drinking milk before bed, when you wake up etc - lines your stomach

Thanks girls, I had never suffered with it before until this pregnancy and my god I hope I never have to experience it again feel like my throat and chest are on fire. I've been drinking lots of milk but that makes me feel sick if I have to much. Look likes its a trip to the doctors got a bladder infection at the moment too so I'm not a happy bunny xx

Thanks girls, I had never suffered with it before until this pregnancy and my god I hope I never have to experience it again feel like my throat and chest are on fire. I've been drinking lots of milk but that makes me feel sick if I have to much. Look likes its a trip to the doctors got a bladder infection at the moment too so I'm not a happy bunny xx

get yourself the docs thats what i did.. he gave me maloox its brill :D gets rid of it straight away . i find that ice lollys work too. n yeah ya need get the docs straight away if ya have a water infection so they can give ya antibiotics get rid of it. they are apparently dangerous if not treated in pregnancy . i took a course of them just last week. been lucky tho its the first one iv had n they are suppose to be so common in pregnancy xx

Last edited:
Yip its awful isn't it... I'd never had it before being pregnant either :( I got a prescription from the docs too and I normally get given the peppermint Peptac but this time I got a make called Acidex - they're both pretty much the same. I used to wake up with it really bad through the night but I find the key is taking the liquid before you actually get it works the best. For example if I eat a meal il take some and also before bed - it seems to prevent it! Xx

I started the antibiotics a few days ago so hopefully they will start working soon and the pain will subside. Have stocked up on more gaviscon and rennies to see me through the weekend. Xx

mine was really bad when i was 29 weeks like yours but since baby dropped around 36 weeks iv hardly had any. maybe the odd attack of it. gaviscon didnt touch me and i never tried rennies but if you do keep sufferin go the docs and ask him for maalox its brill :D same as gaviscon just stronger, thinner n nicer taste xx

I drink milk. I make sure I have a glass before bed and I'm fine. My heartburn is worse from about 7pm onwards. So pretty much drink milk all evening.
----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Try baking soda and water. It works better than over the counter stuff and is safe. Milk can temporarily work but can then rebound worse than before, that's why you have to KEEP drinking it. Baking soda and water can simply stop it.

Be sure to eat little meals, and stay upright after eating.

I don't mind keep drinking milk. It's my craving. Can't get enough. I have to ration myself as I'm piling on the pounds and I reckon its all the calories and fat from milk. At one point I was drinking 6 pints a day :-S got that down to a couple of pints now.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27