Tips for exhaustion?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Fermerswife, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Fermerswife

Fermerswife Well-Known Member

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone has any advice for coping with 3rd trimester exhaustion?

Currently 34.5 weeks with baby number 2 and am really struggling I'm just so so tired and am finding myself getting so ratty with everyone including ds 😟 I can literally do something for about 30mins before I feel weak and need to sit down. Already on iron tablets and had levels rechecked the other day. Just so glad I'm having a section at 39 weeks and won't be going overdue like last time - I don't think I could cope!

2. lucylu87

lucylu87 Well-Known Member

No tips. Just want to say you are not alone. I'm knackered and ratty all the time too. Working and already having a child is knackering and that is despite being pregnant. So now I'm exhausted. I have been trying to get everything done and sorted but realised there is only so much we can do and ask for help when we can. Xx

3. YorksLass

YorksLass Well-Known Member

I guess just nap whenever you can, which isn't easy, I know!

4. Fermerswife

Fermerswife Well-Known Member

Thanks girls it does help to know you're not alone! I def wasn't this tired last time round so must be having a toddler! Only 2 more weeks at work and then hopefully I'll get a little bit more rest!

5. kitty2016

kitty2016 Well-Known Member

I've been exhausted for the past couple of weeks too (from about 34!)
    I finished work last week and have really tired myself out. Everyone keeps telling me to relax but I find it very difficult. The only thing that has worked for me is hypnotherapy.
    I've used it before pregnancy and has really worked. We are practising hypnobirthing so I listen to my cd every night anyway.
    But if you can find a stress/relaxation cd (or MP3 via YouTube) stick it on and have a lay down. If you're anything like me you'll fall asleep in the first 10 minutes and wake up totally relaxed and refreshed. Honestly worth a try!
    I've listened to these during the day too: https://youtu.be/Ib_2ICgIn3k

I'm using the Katherine Graves CD and book for the hypnobirthing if interested.
    Hope you feel better :)

#5 kitty2016, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016