Tina fish. Posting for a friend.

violet13

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
So I'm posting for a friend. Her daughter who has not long hit 4 months stayed with her partners family for the first time two nights ago and she made sure she had her baby rice and porridge with her and her milk as she isn't able to have normal formula. Well her partners family didn't even open or use the food provided and have her Tuna fish instead as in tuna flakes. Rightly so she's concerned for her child so what age are babies supposed to have fish? And can this cause any long term damage? Xxx

It isn't recommended that you give babies fish before 6 months, but I certainly wouldn't worry about it as a 1 off, just not on a continuous base, if it's good quality it shouldn't cause any long term problems at all xo

I don't think it's ideal especially at 4 months. Also with tuna, hopefully it wasn't one in brine as that is far too salty for babies. But my main concern would be the parents generally disregarding your friend's instructions... It would make me concerned what else they might just decide to do, best intentions or not!

Yeah I would be annoyed don't get me wrong! Definitely not ideal just putting your mind at rest that it won't damage baby long term or anything xo

It was in brine yeah, she's very angry and very upset. Tbh I was furious it's not just the fact they gave her tuna it's also they didn't respect the parents wishes especially when she wrote down the entire routine and they completely ignored it. She was worried the tuna would cause problems as well she's very young and mercury in it is high. Thanks ladies xxx

That's absolutely disgusting on behalf of the in laws. A 4month old baby's digestive system is not mature enough for food like that, it has to be worked up to. If I were your friend I wouldn't allow unsupervised visits from now on

A 4 month old shouldn't be having any food, even babyrice and porridge is not good for them.
TBH if the baby is already getting food, the tuna isn't going to do any more harm.

But if the mum specified they only feed the baby what she'd provided and they ignored that, that's the real issue & I wouldn't trust them to babysit again.

She's not but there's been a massive argument over it and the in laws have twisted her words. Basically she's been having baby rice and porridge my lb has just started on those too as it says from 4-6 months on the packaging, she's used to it and does well on it but they completely disrespected her as a mother also we are good friends and we've now said if either of us need a break I'll have her little girl and she would have my little boy so think we've worked it well but it shouldn't of come to this that they can't be trusted xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back