Timing of implantation question

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by SarahMMarie, May 11, 2022.

1. SarahMMarie

SarahMMarie New Member

Everywhere online says that implantation usually takes place between 8-9 days after conception. Does this mean that the egg is travelling until then, or does it start to implant and this is when implantation is complete? How long does implantation take?

I'm asking because I wasn't planning to conceive, but I did. I know when my last period was. 7 days after my probable date of ovulation I drank a large amount of wine. I'm really worried, and hopeful that this was before implantation so it doesn't matter?

2. WinterWolf

WinterWolf Well-Known Member

Don’t worry about the drinking. It actually doesn’t matter until 6 weeks (or there abouts) as the embryo gets everything it needs from its little yolk sac at the very beginning anyway. :)

3. melaniepip

melaniepip Member

Thanks for the helpful advice. It always seemed to me that pregnant women should not drink alcohol. How can the consumption of alcoholic beverages affect the health of a child in general?