Timing is everything?

Bambi42

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I thought I'd share this as it might cheer us all up and help us stress a bit less about timing.

I was away with my friends this weekend so didn't manage to have sex the day before or on ovulation. I was chatting to a friend about fertility as she had a really hard time conceiving her second child. Before she found out she was pregnant she had to travel alone to the States to visit her dad who was terminally ill. She said she had sex the morning she left the UK and then didn't see her hubby for weeks. At her dads funeral she was feeling a bit sick and put it down to all the emotions but when she discovered she was pregnant and looked back at her chart she had conceived from sex 4 days before ovulation!

What makes the story even more lovely is that she'd had several failed rounds of IVF (poor egg quality) and had lost a tube to an ectopic pregnancy. Turns out the good egg had come from the side she had lost the tube from....(I don't know how they can tell that!)

She said all that chat about 'relax and it will happen' or 'think about other things and it will happen' is bullsh*t as it was the most stressful time in her life and she was devastated about her dad, and devastated about being away from her hubby as time was running out for them.

So there you go. I'm glad I jumped my other half before I went away for the weekend, haha!

Oh that is such a lovely story Bambi.
I really do think it just all boils down to pure LUCK!!
Congrats to your friend xx

Such a lovely story.

Yes I completely agree char, luck has a huge part to play. The month we conceived was the month we tried the least hard by a mile. Although we had several fertility hurdles, I definitely think we just got lucky in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back