Tilted Uterus - 12 week scan

louise2610

Reaction score
As above at my 12 week scan I was told I had a tilted uterus. This was news to me & the sonographer said as baby grows the uterus can rectify itself. Has anybody else had this & then found out in later scans that it had indeed rectified? Thanks xxx

I had a retroverted uterus but it had already corrected at my scan at 13 weeks x I wouldn't worry, its very rare that it wouldn't correct itself x

Last edited:
I was told this at my 12 week scan too, apparently this affects about 1 in 4 women and I was told it was nothing to worry about - so I am thinking it must just be a quirk that won't affect baby! Xx

I had one at a 9 week scan but it had sorted itself out by 20 weeks. I was told it meant I was more likely to have a back to back baby which I did

I was told I had a tilted uterus at an early scan at 10w. I didn't have one with my daughter, but apparently it moves all the time. When I had my dating scan at 13w, it had already turned. As your uterus grows, it'll sort itself out so don't worry x

i have a tilted uterus which was pointed out to me with my previous pregnancy. it explains why i had so much trouble with the coil many years ago!

I have a tilted uterus - it will correct itself somewhere between 12-16 weeks usually, after birth it will likely go back to being tilted (mine did) o had to have an internal scan at 13 weeks because of it! Taking longer to correct this time than with my daughter. It's quite common (1/4) and has no negative repercussions so all is good :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Update: had my scan this morning baby is perfect & my uterus is no longer tilted / retroverted 🙏

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back