Thus is interesting :)

We didn't get that either. Really hoping to get my skin to skin time second time around.

I would've got some
Skin to skin but I passed out from exhaustion on the opeeating table then again in recovery. This planned section should make sure I'm a-ok and baby will get skin to skin with her dad first. I want to dress her first this time too as the midwife did with moist but I don't know if you can after a section.

I had uninterrupted skin to skin with my second baby. She didn't cry until the umbilical cord was cut and then it was really brief not the screaming 'lusty cry' you expect.
She laid on me quietly for quite a while and at around the 30 minute mark I latched her on and she fed for almost an hour. Then her dad took her and dressed her whilst I showered.

This time I'm wanting to lotus birth (not cut the cord) and see if the baby will 'breast crawl' (self attach to the breast) lol.

I'm not sure about the exact timings but that does sound very much like my babies in their first hr. One thing I found is that once they fall asleep it is hrs or sometimes days before you will see them so alert again so it really is a special time. Obviously sometimes there isnt a choice but I dont get hospitals where they take the baby away from the mother for routine rests etc straight away as standard practice.

My first screamed the house down, my second just wimpered a bit. Knowing them now it is very much their personalities. There is no way DD was coming into the world without making a lot of noise, lol.

I had uninterrupted skin to skin with my second baby. She didn't cry until the umbilical cord was cut and then it was really brief not the screaming 'lusty cry' you expect.
She laid on me quietly for quite a while and at around the 30 minute mark I latched her on and she fed for almost an hour. Then her dad took her and dressed her whilst I showered.

This time I'm wanting to lotus birth (not cut the cord) and see if the baby will 'breast crawl' (self attach to the breast) lol.

Are you talking lotus birth as far as cut the cord after the natural
Pulsating and to Allow the skin to skin or keeping or attached until the whole thing naturally falls off?

I'm hoping to leave it attached til it comes away naturally... depends how messy it is though LOL!!!

I've seen babies like that (pics) I dunno how I round manage until it fell off. It would he like having two babies connected by a string lol k think you can get proper bags to put placenta in to keep the mess minimal

Yeah I have some large prefold nappies (like a thick muslin really) that I'll wrap it in and then just put it in a carrier bag or something to carry it around lol. I have a stretchy wrap for the baby so my hands will be free.

If it's too restrictive or too much hassle I'll have to cut it but will just see how we go :)

What will you do with it after?
Sorry for all the questions but I've read about it but never met anyone ego has done it planned to do it. It's not for me, but it is really interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back