Thrush

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by AmberNicole, Jan 31, 2006.

1. AmberNicole

AmberNicole Well-Known Member

I think Ava has it and we'll find out for sure tomorrow from the doc. There is a white film on her lips and inside her mouth on her cheeks. I noticed it yesterday but silly me linked it to her teething for some reason. :roll: Has anyone dealt with it?

2. beanie

beanie Well-Known Member

Seren has had thrush for a cople of weeks now. Her tongue is covered in a white coating and I have to put a gel on it after every feed. Ava will be easier to treat I guess as she is bottle feeding, because I breast feed I also have a cream for my nipples as we keep passing it on to each other. Hope she gets better soon. It is easily sorted from what I believe x

3. AmberNicole

AmberNicole Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think we caught it early and it's cleared up pretty well. I know it can bleed and be quite sore so I'm thankful Ava didn't have to experience that! We've been giving her drops of Nystatin 4 times a day. I've been boiling her bottles and pacifiers every night as well as giving her toys a good clean.