Thrush

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by roxyroo, Jun 24, 2013.

1. roxyroo

roxyroo Well-Known Member

Just wondering what you girls think. I had thrush for about 2 bloody weeks as I couldn't get an appointment with the doctor but anyway I used the pessary and cream and the next day I could tell there was definite improvement, everything has been fine until Saturday I started really itching again and getting more strange discharge and my lady bits were really swollen and a bit split, I used some more of the cream but yesterday it kind of stopped and today it's like it never happened.... could I have thrush again, or it didn't go away... I'm confused. I had a swab done at the doctors and they never got back to me so I'm guessing that's a good sign. Just takes so damn long to get an appointment!! x

2. Rachel80

Rachel80 Well-Known Member

I had it used the pessary & it cleared right up. Maybe try them again or see if you can get a quicker appt with your midwife? It is pregnancy related after all!x

3. roxyroo

roxyroo Well-Known Member

Yeah I might ring and see, I shouldn't have to see the doctor again as I've already had the prescription so it would just be a repeat. I'm going to keep an eye on it for another day and see how it goes. I haven't been itchy at all today. I don't think having to wear panty liners constantly is helping either, I have stopped using the lightly scented ones in case it was making it worse lol x

4. Rachel80

Rachel80 Well-Known Member

Just wear plain cotton knickers, avoid wearing hot tights (that's what caused mine) & avoid hot baths. Try not to put anything on it, maybe some talc after showering & hopefully it'll clear up on its own x

5. SpinSugar

SpinSugar Well-Known Member

I had thrush that just wasn't going with the cram. I used the pessary, which made it worse for a few days! Then it went and its not returned since :)

So I def know where your coming from!

I also found changing my panty liner more frequently helped, and wearing less tight pants!

Xx

6. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

It can go on its own sometimes anyway so it may be a combination of that and pessary try not to have tight clothes and wear cotton pantys liners unscented and changed regularly I had the starting uncomfy feeling last week showered with plain water and did above tips and it went away on own phew!!! X