Thrush

ashley22

Reaction score
Please help!!!

I am suffering from terrible thrush and just wondered if anyone has had it or got it and what they have used for it?

Ta!!!

If I were you I would go to your GP as then you will get it free on prescription!!

well that's the plan but I can't get an appointment with my gp till next wednesday and I am going crazy!

What do you recommend I buy?

Hiya Ashley

Have you tried Canesten (Clotrimazole)? Thats good and my pharmacist said it was safe to use during pregnancy, but just told me not to use the applicator.

Stay away from the tablet treatment Fluconazole (Diflucan) as you aren't supposed to use that.

Hope this helps

Thanks for that Rachael. Will be at the shops first thing tomorrow morning cause the feeling is agony!

natrual youget is meant to be good too isnt it?

im sure if you ask in the chemist they will advise you on whats best tho

I've now had this TWICE! so far since being PG and both times have been given a pessery to put 'up there' and also some cream. Canestan is the only one you can use though babe.
Good luck getting it clear :)

hey

im also suffering with thrush at the minute, i got canestan complete, a cream for inside and a cream for the outside, also a natural way to relieve the irritating feeling is put some witch hazel on some cotton wool and hold it down there.

hope this helps

Another vote for Canestan. I've got thrush and the doctor prescribed six days of pessaries (which are vile when they work their way out :oops: ) and cream for the outside.

By the way - DO NOT use canestan tablets - they are absorbed into your body and therefore not reccomended. Just cream and pessary's.

Rosieroo- I totally agree with you on that one - it isn't pleasent - at all :oops:

Thank you ladies, you have been great! I have had mixed opinions about the pessaries but I will need to try it cause it's really getting me down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back