Thrush...help

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Emmam1982, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Emmam1982

Emmam1982 Well-Known Member

I started with thrush on Tuesday, I had some 1% cream in so have been using that but it's got worse so rang the gp today and he prescribed me 2% cream.
    I only ever get thrush when I'm pregnant and have always had the pessary before but the gp said I couldn't have it.
    Do I have to be s certain amount of weeks before they'll prescribe it?
    I'm tempted to go to tesco and pay £13 for it but don't want to if its gonna harm bubs x

2. twinkle90

twinkle90 Well-Known Member

I've never had during pregnancy but if the doctor has advised not to use the pessary then don't buy it. X

3. Phoenix85

Phoenix85 Well-Known Member

Have you considered using coconut oil instead? Sounds odd I know, but it's a very good antifungal and does work.

4. Bubbles1987

Bubbles1987 Well-Known Member

You could mention it to midwife? I had thrush a few weeks ago and gp gave me pessary but just told me to insert with finger and not too high because I had a low lying placenta (since moved). I had it twice with my daughter too. Like twinkle said though I wouldn't advise it if they said no unless you can ask another medical professional who knows your medical history Xxx

5. queenriccy

queenriccy Well-Known Member

I had it terrible from 30 weeks onwards, dr prescribed me 10 boxes of pessaries just so I didn't gave to keep going back. So yes you can use them,I also had to use them last time I was pregnant too. Be worth going to see a deferent dr, you shouldn't have to pay xx

6. Sarah_sun

Sarah_sun Well-Known Member

I've been using the pessarises as I suffer terribly with thrush during pregnancy and I used them on numerous occasions during previous pregnancies too.

Just be careful on application not to insert too far xx

#6 Sarah_sun, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  7. Emmam1982

Emmam1982 Well-Known Member

Luckily the extra strength cream seems to have worked....plus I've got a extra tube ready for next time lol x
    Thanks everyone xx