Thrush...help

Emmam1982

Reaction score
I started with thrush on Tuesday, I had some 1% cream in so have been using that but it's got worse so rang the gp today and he prescribed me 2% cream.
I only ever get thrush when I'm pregnant and have always had the pessary before but the gp said I couldn't have it.
Do I have to be s certain amount of weeks before they'll prescribe it?
I'm tempted to go to tesco and pay £13 for it but don't want to if its gonna harm bubs x

I've never had during pregnancy but if the doctor has advised not to use the pessary then don't buy it. X

Have you considered using coconut oil instead? Sounds odd I know, but it's a very good antifungal and does work.

You could mention it to midwife? I had thrush a few weeks ago and gp gave me pessary but just told me to insert with finger and not too high because I had a low lying placenta (since moved). I had it twice with my daughter too. Like twinkle said though I wouldn't advise it if they said no unless you can ask another medical professional who knows your medical history Xxx

I had it terrible from 30 weeks onwards, dr prescribed me 10 boxes of pessaries just so I didn't gave to keep going back. So yes you can use them,I also had to use them last time I was pregnant too. Be worth going to see a deferent dr, you shouldn't have to pay xx

I've been using the pessarises as I suffer terribly with thrush during pregnancy and I used them on numerous occasions during previous pregnancies too.

Just be careful on application not to insert too far xx

Last edited:
Luckily the extra strength cream seems to have worked....plus I've got a extra tube ready for next time lol x
Thanks everyone xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back