Threatened pre term labour..... :/

lauralou

Reaction score
So ladies just got back from seeing my mw, and the first thing she says is "you've been in hospital havent u? and then rang the pau 2 days ago?" I was like oh yeah had a stomach bug so was kept in, then rang the other day cuz I was having crazy braxton hicks. So she asked me to tell her in detail about them, which I did, and she said that's not braxton hicks that's threatened pre term labour! I was so shocked!! She asked why I didn't ring the hospital back, and I said "well I left a message for the mw to ring me but she never did, so I just had a bath as I knew that's all she would suggest I do anyway" and she said no Laura they would have told you to come straight in!

Ooooops! She said cuz it's my second I'm likely to be more laid back about it, but I needed to make sure these braxton hicks don't get too strong or frequent again as il have to go straight in.
So ermmmmm why the hell did that happen? She didn't really explain it to me, anyone else experienced this? Probably should have asked her more about it but she seemed quite calm so I just assumed it was ok? X

Ohhh gosh! U were getting loads the other day aswell!!

Oooohhh my! Things could be kicking off and u didnt even know it!
Did she check ur cervix or anything for u?? Xx

No she didn't, she just said keep an eye on them and if they start falling into a pattern or become regular then to ring the pregnancy advisory number and go down to the hospital.
I'm a bit scared now tho, if it can just happen that easily and just come on so unexpected at literally any time, i don't want to be thinking like this just yet. X

I no, it is scary to think it can literally happen when ever!!

From what others have said in ur other thread i dnt think we r guna get our cervix checked until sweep or labour!
Just keep an eye on it and pray it happens at home and not when ur in work or out! Thats my worst fear! xx

It'd be quite handy if I was at work tho, as I work in the hospital lol! But my last shift is Tuesday and that's way too soon for my liking.

As long as they stay away for a few more weeks il be happy, just want a nice easy labour with no complications for baby x

The hospital might have done a speculum to view your cervix to see if it was open. If you had gone in as a digital examination might stimulate labour.

Wouldn't they have carryed on tho not just stopped :s

Yeah she said u can start to have them but then they can just stop as you're body knows its not fully ready yet. Thank god they did!! X

O god so you might be first then !! My phones allways by my side .. 3 more weeks till fully cooked keep them legs closed lol

Noooooo I really don't want to be first! 37 weeks is early enough for me, don't want her to come early and possibly be apart from her after if she needs extra help :( x

I remember having awful BH on my birthday (26th Aug) then Aaron arrived on 8th Sept - 4 weeks early :D

YIKES!!!!!! was it expected?X

just reading your journal now xxx

Last edited:
Oh Laura just read this, how scary for you! Hope she hangs on in there for a few more weeks hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back