Thoughts on baby girl name list?

CornishGirl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just wondered which was the most popular choice with everyone from this list?
(You can pick more than one answer)

I’d also love to hear your thoughts on the names.

Last edited:
Autumn is my favourite. I do like them all but some I prefer as middle names/couldn't imagine using daily.

I love Autumn Cordelia and Elowen Willow or Elowen Mabel.

I know loads of Eva and Evelyns. Sapphire I'm not keen on as a first name, don't know why it just doesn't sound right. I prefer Aurora over Aurelia, I think Aurelia will be misheard as Amelia a lot.

Aww thank you snowbee for a really thoughtful and detailed response. :)

I think Aurelia may also be pronounced wrong a lot too which might be frustrating.

I love the name matches you’ve suggested from the list. :D

Not Eva or Evelyn, they're lovely but so common now, she'll have three other kids in her class with the same name. Autumn is actually my #1 girls name for this baby so I vote that. We've also considered Willow so I picked that too. Both are very cute.

Don't know how to pronounce Aurelia or Elowen so I think they're bad choices.

Aurora is a Disney princess name, equivalent of naming her Cinderella in my opinion haha

Aaand I don't like Cordelia, Mabel or Sapphire.

Hope that helps :) good luck!

I went to school with an Aurelia (her brother was Jasper).

My only observation re the more unusual names is whether people are likely to mis-spell it. If you're not in Wales, for example, how many people will know how to spell Elowen, and will you have to repeat it/spell it down the phone for people when they ask what it is? (I realised shortly after my son's birth, that I had a similar thing with one of his proposed names which is very similar to Elowen, and that it was best not as a first name)

I voted Willow & Autumn, but think if you chose 'Sapphire' then people might call her 'Saffy' which is kind of nice (depending on your viewpoint!).

I actually really like Saffy or Sapphy depending on how you'd spell it (although pronounced the same).

I've chatted over this list with my husband as I made it and they are all the names I really love. He has no desire to go looking for names and wants to just pick off a list of names I like. I guess that's a win-win for me? :lol:

Anyway, he's told me his two favourites are Sapphire and Evelyn and he doesn't care if Evelyn is the most popular name on the list. :roll:

He's suggested Sapphire Evelyn with the nickname Sapphy or Evelyn Sapphire with the nickname Evie.

I should add that I absolutely love Autumn and Willow. My husband said he doesn't not like them but they aren't his favourites.

I absolutely love Willow - in fact I have just added that to my list :)
Have you and OH come to an agreement yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back