Thought we were'nt supposed to have Ovaltine??

bute69

Reaction score
I have read on here I think as well as other forums that when pregnant we shouldn't drink Ovaltine because of the Vitamin A content. I have just received an email from "Bounty" promoting Ovaltine and info on a competition to win some. It states that it has all the Vitamins that you need when pregnant. So do I still believe I shouldn't have it??

There was a free sample of oval tine in my bounty pack... Hadn't heard we weren't supposed to have it?

I havnt heard pregnant ladies shouldn't have it either :S , I drank this quite Abit during my pregnancy :S

I've never heard of that either. I drank mine as soon as I opened the pack!! I'm a bit worried now? X

That's a new one on me, never heard that before. Xxx

I wouldn't drink it, but just cuz its rank :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

It's OK guys...it's the animal form of vitamin a (retinol) that you can't have. The vege form (betacarotene) is fine and that's what's in ovaltine. I wouldn't drink it every day but a couple a week is fine! In fact baby needs some vitamin a to develop properly and as it isn't in any supplements you need to get it from diet (carrots are the best source of vege vit a!) x

thats ok i got a fright when i redy this, love d stuff

Its the same as anything else- safe in moderation, but I doubt anyone would drink this stuff all day everyday

thereis vit A in milk and we are encouraged to drink that.i dont think small amounts are harmful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back