Thought was only first pregnacy

mrz85

Reaction score
That Rh negative blood group was just a problem in first pregnacy to protect future pregnacy but seems I was wrong ?x

No in fact not a problem at all in 1st pregnancy, it is all subsequent pregnancies. If you get a sensitising event in the 1st pregnancy (or 2nd/3rd etc) eg a bump, fall or bleed and the baby's blood mixes with yours (and the baby is Rh positive it has no effect on that pregnancy). If you didn't have anti D which finds any positive blood and coats it buffering it in your blood, it can stay in your circulatory system and the next time you get pregnant (if that baby is negative) the positive blood in your system can start attacking the new forming embryo. Hope that makes sense.

Very well put thanks. Im A- so will be having mine done but this is my first anyway x

Thanks , with my daughter I had a few bleeds and had anti d given. Was told same for this pregnacy any bleeding will need anti d x

I was surprised I was A neg as my mum and sister Rh pos. Must have inherited my monkey blood from my dad. My OH thinks he is Rh neg but not sure so having anti D. Had it at 14+5 from a bleed and my 28 week one. Could get him tested but he goes grey when I get stabbed so maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back