thought it cudnt get any worse!!

hayes

Reaction score
Hi girls, well some of you may know ive not been feeling very good latley had a really bad cold which went to my stomach and flared up my ibs. Well to top it all off the doc gave me some cream for my face last week to help clear up my spots and to tackle the hair growth on my lip and i woke up xmas morn and had had a bad reaction to it!! Its horrible feel so bad my face is puffy, really bad red rash all over it and so dry and tight it hurts so much.

AHHHH hope it clears up soon goin to the in laws today and look hideous, feel so upset but i darent cry as it will make it worse. No idea what to put on it tho any suggestions??

Hope you all had a great xmas.

Michelle. x

Awww hun, that's rubbish! I don't know what to suggest but didn't want to read and run.

XX

hey hun the only thing i could really recommend that i use for my spots/rashes is sudocrem (baby nappy rash cream)

i use it for alot of stuff and it seems to work. hope it clears up soon for you xxxx

Arg hon, sorry to hear that. Sometimes it is best to just leave it. What cream did he give you? I am sure it is not as bad as you think. I always stress about my skin but hubby is always telling me it never looks as bad as I think. I know it is hard but try not to stress. If you really want to put something on it then just bsth in luke warm water. Hugs and let us know how you get on xxxxx

Oh no :( You're really in the wars... I agree with Gizzy Kelly - probably best to leave it for now as anything else you put on it might inflame it more. If it's still bothering you Wednesday, get yourself an emergency doc appointment. Sorry you're having a rough time hon - Hope 2012 is the start of better things for you... :) xx

Hi girls thank you all for your replies i did put some cream on it(dry skin cream called oilatum) and it made it worse so all day at my in laws i have had to have a cold cloth on my face its so horrible my skin is peeling now and so red and itchy and tight n sore grrrrrr i hope it all peels off like a chemical peel in the morn and then il be 10 years younger lol. I will b goin back to docs weds if its no better. Defo hope 2012 starts better than this.

Michelle. x

Big hugs:hugs:hope things pick up for you soon xx

Thanks so do i!!! I have woken up a lot better today it is still so sore and itchy but soooooo much better than the last 48 hours. Do you think i should still go docs tomoz tho just to let them no n get it checked out??

Michelle. x

If it'll put your mind at rest you should go. Maybe next time if you get a cream you should test on a small patch first.... Glad it's better tho :) hope it carries on that way.... xx

I would go hon still so it goes on your notes what you are allergic to. Glad it is better today xxxxxxxx

glad youre improving hun. id still go to drs as they may be able to give you an alternative that wont give u a bad reaction xx

My eldest has a skin condition and he gets creams from his doctor, but the dr has told him many times that most creams for skin conditions are for the body only and are too strong for the face so he has to go into his medical book to confirm that the one he is giving him for the face is not too strong or it will burn the skin. And he tell him not to mix them up or he will be in a lot of pain.

Thinking maybe your gp has giving you a cream thats for the body and too strong for the face.

Hope it gets better soon Michelle.

Hi everyone, i went to docs but they are too busy to fit me in today so will go back in the morn as im having my 21 day bloods done at 8.30 in the morn with the nurse so she said she will b able to get me an appointment then. Thankfully it has improved so much in the last 24hrs n im now left with just tight peeling skin.

It was a special acne type cream for the face furryheart but i knew i shudnt have bothered i told the doc i wasnt that bothered by the spots i was more worried about the irregular periods and the dark hair growth, i so wish i hadnt used it now i knew i shouldnt have. Oh well at least its getting better.

Thanks for all your replies will update after docs tomoz.

Michelle. x

Good luck with blood test/docs tomorrow xx

Are you allergic to lanolin? I get really bad reactions and look like a blister face! Oilatum & diprobase are good but are thick on your face though :/ on a positive you will have baby soft skin once the rash clears!x

Yeah i have put a bit of oilatum on but it made it worse a few days ago but might help now, hopefully will see the doc later and can ask then.

Michelle. x

Spoke to doc and have had it written in my notes it was not gud for me!!

She was fab considering she isnt my normal doc, and have wrote on my other post in ttc what she told me!!

Thanks for all your concern. Im so glad its cleared up before the new years eve party im having wud have been so embrassing in fornt of hubbies friends.

Michelle. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back