Those with child/ren already....

naomi88

Reaction score
Ever have a moment where you think, omg should I really be doing this again? Haha mainly saying this in jest but have to admit it has crossed my mind once or twice since my dd woke for the day at 4:30am this morning!!!! I love her with all my heart but am wondering how the hell people manage to handle more than one!

Plus for the first 6 months she woke hourly/two hourly so bit nervous about doing that again potentially, and then having to run around after a two year old during the day!!!

Xxx

Haha this has definitely crossed my mind!! Harper is currently in the terrible two stage and no signs of coming out of it anytime soon. Everything is a constant battle and tantrums are everyday! Also she doesn't sleep great either, last night she was up 4 times. The first year of her life she was up every 2-3 hours and never slept past 5am. I do worry this one will be a bad sleeper too because if they are I cant see me having much sleep for the next few years! I'm sure it'll be fine tho, so many people have told me its easier going from 1 to 2 than it is having your first, I hope they are right lol. Plus us mums just tend to cope, we got to I suppose! Xx

My son was 2 when I had my daughter, my biggest worries were all about him! What if he feels left out? What if he gets jealous? What if he resents me? How will I cope with two? Don't get me wrong it's harder with two but all those worries I had just melted away, my son welcomed my daughter and was happy to be involved with changing, bathing, feeding etc. They're really close now (he's 5 and she's now 3) and I'm here again expecting number 3! I do have the same fears as I had last time, particularly about coping with 3, but I know we'll be OK because you just are, you get on with it, work with what you've got, and crack on with an extra little person to share the love :)

Ther are time when it hardly and Uve hardly had no sleep but u just cope and ther are so much more positives as they grow and seeing them play together mine are 18 months apart and I wouldnt change having them close that's why av chose to have another close so they can share the fun my son will b 4 and my daughter nearly 3 when new baby is born xx

I love having mine close seeing the love they have for eachother although there are times when it can b hard ther are so much more positives that's why I have chosen to have another close my son will be 4 and my daughter nearly 3 they are 18 months apart can't wait to see this baby join in the fun xx:)

Naomi88,

I totally get what you mean!!! We will be fine though. :)

Thats why they invented wine..... for when women have babies....

xxx

Jacksons at the stage he wants me to do everything with him including dancing for minutes on end lol.

I think hell tire me out for sure, im more afraid of the later pregnancy stages when im huge and cant get around more.

Jackson will be quite helpful, Im already asking him to put things in the bin or washing etc so, every little helps.

xxxx

I defo know what you mean, this is my 4th and i have 3 very active boys already!! :)

I have the same worries, mainly about Iris being left out! She's a proper mummies girl and wants me most of the time. I wanted a close age gap so she'll have a little playmate though. When I had the MC in December, I felt like I'd let her down. Hoping for the best this time xx

I have a four year old, a two year old and i'm expecting. With number two I was really nervous that I wouldn't cope, but it's been ok. There are moments of madness and times I could scream, but these are outweighed when I see my two playing and giggling together :)

I never worried about this while i was pregnant with no.2 as was too busy wirrying that something was gonna go wrong

However now no.2 is here i have thot "why have i put us in this situation again" an i feel terrible i love my two girls to bits its just being overtired and a baby with reflux but i know itl get btr jus gonna take time xx

My second had colic and was one of the hardest babies, now he's 17 months old and I'm 14 weeks pregnant with baby 3. Going from 1 to 2, especially with how difficult and fussy my son was, was the hardest thing I've ever done. I just cried all th time! And here I am barely any time later having another. In a weird way I'm not concerned. I don't know why.

Glad it's not just me!!
Think I am more worried for no.1 too - she is so used to it just being the three of us and wondering what she will make of a sibling. She's really sweet and helpful and I'm sure she will love being a big sister but worried she's going to feel left out!

Really hoping for a good sleeper second time round!! Xxx

My sons 10 this year
I have a full time job as a nurse , and great family support , my fiancé has an excellent job and wage too.

I'm so excited to be pregnant again , it'll be hard but it will be like starting over from scratch as my son does a lot for himself now .

I'm 29 so this will probably be my last child :-( but he/ she is very eagerly awaited

Super excited and I love the fact our son and baby will have a huge age gap as my eldest will be much more involved

I am hoping my son will be able to come to the scan with me so he can start to be involved and get use to having another child around . He's been an only child for 10 years !!! So I want him to be as involved as much as he chooses to be.

Last edited:
I think that you get by and sometimes it is hard having young children close in age and there might be days you feel like screaming I think every pregnancy I have said some where along the line what am I doing but once that baby arrives they fit in to your family perfectly and you will know it is all worth it and after a couple of weeks you wont know any difference x

I dunno if Jackson is aware of my pregnancy. Hes becoming increasingly clingy and demanding. Hes usually so independent where as now he wants me everywhere with him.

I do make up alot of time as I work so when I come in I do his dinner and play and story at bed. I enjoy it but recently hes really become possessive almost.

Today he climbed and jumped all over me, Im dying with a migraine so had gently says to him ok settle down mummy isnt well and it set him off more, when I was napping he cried at that too.

Just wonderng if its a phase or if he senses he wont be alone now.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back