Reaction score
A few questions if you don't mind?

1) Do you hold your pee before testing?

2) If so for how long?

3) Do you let pee get to room temp?

4) Do you get strong positives?

Currently not pee'd for 90 min's but kind of need to go now LOL

xxxxxxx

I used one step ov tests without problem.
I'd do one every night around 7pm, pee held for around 2hrs. Once it looked like it was almost positive I'd do a morning one too.
Always got good positives but constantly had a faint line too.
Didn't leave pee to get to room temp xx

I used one step ov tests without problem.
I'd do one every night around 7pm, pee held for around 2hrs. Once it looked like it was almost positive I'd do a morning one too.
Always got good positives but constantly had a faint line too.
Didn't leave pee to get to room temp xx

Only another 20 mins until I hit the two hour mark LOL

xxxxxxx

I used the tesco ones. Collected pee into a pot and dipped straight in. Didnt wait till room temp or anything. Backed them up with clearblue digis and they were spot on.

i think I made sure there was 3 hours between peeing though.

I used the tesco ones. Collected pee into a pot and dipped straight in. Didnt wait till room temp or anything. Backed them up with clearblue digis and they were spot on.

i think I made sure there was 3 hours between peeing though.

I don't 'do' 3 hours between pee's??? :shock:

I guess I need to learn to hold it.

xxxxxxx

This was my first month using them I used ic (one step) I also held pee for 2 hours collected in a pot and dipped straight away , when I started gettin faint lines I tested at 10am , 2pm and 8pm also I limited my drinks in the 2 hours good luck hun xx

Thanks...I did actually get a few + using them last month (CD15 was my strongest) this time I'll double check with a digi...

xxxxxxxxx

I wee and dip....no messing

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

I just pee in a pot & dip straight away, no messing about.

Xx

My cheapies should arrive tomorrow, so this is really helpful. Guess I can just dip and go. Or go and dip, actually x

yup Im dip and go too although I have been getting mixed results off mine so Im thinking ill try holding me wee for longer x

I use the cheapies and just pee and dip, I've heard though that you get stronger lines if you let cool to room temp 1st.

I always back up a positive with a CB digi but the cheapies have never failed... always got the smiley face at the same time so I may miss them out this time round and save some money x x

Thanks ladies - If I test after work I normally have held my wee for 90 minutes or so and haven't drink for a few hours...

Fingers crossed to getting a good line soon and I'll then try a digi... I cannot wait to get my first smiley face :)

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I used to try and hold my pee for up to 4 hours! :shock:

I've used the One Step cheapies - would pee in a pot and dip straight away as it doesn't mention waiting for it to get to room temp so never bothered. I got lines all the time, pretty good ones most of the time but only a handful that might have been positive. In fact I did one test about 2-3 months ago and got a line way darker than the control, that was the ONLY one I did that came up that dark.

I've also used Clearblue digi opks and followed their instructions, always peed in a pot and dunked right away. Got more smiley faces than negatives!

I should mention that my consultant thinks there's an issue with my ovulation (he doesn't think I ov) so I prob got good lines cos my body was always trying to pop an egg lol.

x x

Thanks ladies,

Just to share my experience this month....

1) Do you hold your pee before testing? Yes

2) If so for how long? almost 2 hours

3) Do you let pee get to room temp? Yes

4) Do you get strong positives? Yes

(and it was backed up by a smiley face on a digi OPK!)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I stop drinking at around 2pm.

Then pee at 5.30ish when I get home.

If I have to pee before 4.30ish I go as I'm crap at holding. Still gives me and hour to make new wee as as I've Not drunk in 2 hours at that point it's pretty strong wee. You only need a little bit.

Yes I get strong positives. :)

Xxx

I have only been TTC since January, on my second cycle now. Been using one step IC's, do them when I get home from work so usually haven't peed for a couple of hours, just dip them straight away. On my first cycle got faint lines on CD11/12 so assume I ov'd CD13? Went back to nothing after that. They were never strong though. If they are accurate then pregnology has is the closest online predictor to my actual OV, hence the ticker (also got AF's arrival spot on - unfortunately!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back