This really pi**es me off!!! ~ rant alert ~

peach

Reaction score
Im well fed up !

We have 3 fantastic boys aged 9, 6 and 3.

Im getting so annoyed with people when ever I say we have 3 boys I get "oh so youl be wanting to try for a girl then" WTF!! Accually no I would like to try for a BABY no matter what the sex will be.

Just because we have 3 boys does not mean we want to try for a girl at all I happen to like having 3 boys and If we happen to be blessed with another baby then I really dont mind if its boy or girl.

Even the nurse at the drs yesterday when I mentioned were ttc and have 3 boys she replied with "oh youl be sick of blue, are you trying for a girl" grrr I could of shouted at her.

Sorry if i offend anyone its just annoying me a little its not just strangers though its family tto my 3 are the only grandkids on my side and DH brother has 2 boys so MIL has 5 grandsons.

I fear having a girl incase everyone makes so much of a fuss because the youngest girl on my side is my 21 yr old sister and on DHs side is his 25 yr old cousin :shock: I dont want my boys to feel like there second best :sad:

sorry - and breath lol

Oh dear hun I love a good rant on here u let it all out!!
Some ppl r divos love the fact u not fussed on sex as many do go for more for that reason!!
X x x

Baby dust to all!! :) :) xxx

I love a good rant, to be fair though - I have found myself on more than one occassion saying to someone oh are you hoping for a girl/boy depending on what they have - I think people just assume that you would want the opposite, guilty as charged haha. I think its because most people do hope for the other sex after having multiple of the same children haha.. :p

Oh dear hun I love a good rant on here u let it all out!!
Some ppl r divos love the fact u not fussed on sex as many do go for more for that reason!!
X x x

thanks x were 50/50 on the boy/girl thing

a girl would be a nice change as we have 3 boys but I work in childcare so I get to spend lots of time with girls (and boys).

A girl nwould be harder as it would totally mean starting again as all we have is blue blue blue lol and cars and trains ect (not saying girls cant play with them too lol)

But then again I love having my boys there so loving and I like been the "princess" of the house :lol: even the boys say mammy is a princess lol

Either way we would be happy my youngest son keeps asking me for a brother AND a sister :shock: lol

no one even knows were ttc so I have no idea where that one has come from lol

Aww u av got ya work cut out him brother AND sister bless him!! X x x

I love a good rant, to be fair though - I have found myself on more than one occassion saying to someone oh are you hoping for a girl/boy depending on what they have - I think people just assume that you would want the opposite, guilty as charged haha. I think its because most people do hope for the other sex after having multiple of the same children haha.. :p

I know I am probs a bit guilty of this on ocasion :oops: I think the iceing on the cake was the nurse did it too lol
Im in a bit of a huffy mood in general lol and I have no idea why lol

Aww hun, it's lovely that you are not worried about what you have and that you have such lovely boys. I can understand your annoyance.... you are trying for a very much wanted baby not a specific sex.

It's hilarious that your youngest wants a brother and sister though!!

xx

wasnt taking sides peach :p im one of these see from both sides, but I would probably get annoyed to tbh. maybe your son can sense it ? animals are said to have an instinct, maybe kids know also? we havent told anyone we are ttc yet either, for us its the comments we get back and doubt, and then there is pressure when people ask how your getting on "none of your business thank u very much" haha good luck this month hopefully you being a wee tad huffy and your son wanting another kiddy around is a good sign love! :)

My OH is one of 5 son's - his folks did eventually have a girl. There is only 2 years between each boy so they've always been close... There is no jealously or ill feeling towards thier sister though, she is the apple of their eye!!

I feel sorry for her though, can you imagine having 5 big brothers !!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww hun, it's lovely that you are not worried about what you have and that you have such lovely boys. I can understand your annoyance.... you are trying for a very much wanted baby not a specific sex.

It's hilarious that your youngest wants a brother and sister though!!

xx

thanks hun - I know bless him think he want the best of both lol

wasnt taking sides peach :p im one of these see from both sides, but I would probably get annoyed to tbh. maybe your son can sense it ? animals are said to have an instinct, maybe kids know also? we havent told anyone we are ttc yet either, for us its the comments we get back and doubt, and then there is pressure when people ask how your getting on "none of your business thank u very much" haha good luck this month hopefully you being a wee tad huffy and your son wanting another kiddy around is a good sign love! :)

sorry hun didnt mean to bite at you its been one of them days lol

think you were right first time when you said animal instead of son :lol: (only joking lol

thats exactly why we havent told anyone as cant be doing with the pressure were not gonna tell anyone untill our first scan (well thats the idea lol weather that happens or not we will see lol)

pluss your right its no ones business but yours and dh.

and I certanally hope my mood change is a pending pregnancy and not a/f lol

My OH is one of 5 son's - his folks did eventually have a girl. There is only 2 years between each boy so they've always been close... There is no jealously or ill feeling towards thier sister though, she is the apple of their eye!!

I feel sorry for her though, can you imagine having 5 big brothers !!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thats good thanks hun made me feel better x

Thats exactly what I said lol we have 3 boys and were very close to DH's brother and there 2 boys so a girl will have her work cut out for her too lol

Aww u av got ya work cut out him brother AND sister bless him!! X x x

I know I could imagine DH's face if that were the case lol
Still ds 3 would be chuffed lol

I get this all the time having 4 boys but my response is a bit different to yours. I actually am trying to have a girl. I can honestly say that had I of had one boy and one girl I'd have stopped there x

I get this all the time having 4 boys but my response is a bit different to yours. I actually am trying to have a girl. I can honestly say that had I of had one boy and one girl I'd have stopped there x

wow 4 boys that must be fab :)

how are you trying for a girl are you using the naral gender selection?

I used the shettles method, the girl diet and only bd'd on months when the chinese gender calendar predicted a girl. Hopefully it will be a girl this time. This is my last chance
:( xx

I used the shettles method, the girl diet and only bd'd on months when the chinese gender calendar predicted a girl. Hopefully it will be a girl this time. This is my last chance
:( xx

I have a friend who is trying for a girl as she already has a boy and she follows the method (not sure if its got a name sorry) that boy swimmers are faster but dont live as long and girl swimmers are slower but last longer so she charts her ovulation with the intenshion to only bd 3 days before or after ovulation so all the boy swimmers have gone and there is only girl swimmers left if that makes sence, not sure if it works ill let you know lol

That's the shettles method hun. It's apparently quite successful, we'll soon see ;) xx

little cheeky monkey :p, I want a boy I think although I wouldnt mind a girl either but leaning more towards boys - and yet throughout my life i have moaned at the fact I have two brothers, its odd. I think your not too fussed when its your first. I dont want the pressure or the judgement, waiting and BD'ing and symptom spotting is hard enough with out the "are you pregnant yet" "how are you getting on" yada yada haha.

I have this app on my blackberry for ovulation and I have been using it to see rough OV dates and mines tells me on which dates I am more likely to have a boy/girl I will BD all the way through and whatever I get I will be grateful for haha. But its quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back