This may be a really stupid question...

Lulu90

Reaction score
Luca's recently started sitting (took him a while bless him). He's quite happy to sit and play with his toys, but after a few minutes he flings himself backwards. He does it in quite an angry way (he frowns and sometimes screeches). He flings himself back quite a lot, even when I'm holding him. I can't quite read this. I don't know if he's just bored of what he's doing or if he thinks it's a game. Is this normal? He's 7 months xx

Last edited:
My daughter went through a phase of doing this, especially when I was holding her. I really had to be prepared for her doing it! I think sometimes it was in protest but she also thought it was a fun thing to do, little monkey! She stopped doing it after a while and hasn't done it for ages. x

Bless him! It might also be just because he can? It's a new trick he's learned and wants to keep trying it? Sounds like you've got your hands full! :)

Thanks Robbo - it does seem to be in protest when I'm holding him. He's a little monkey too. Maybe it is just a phase.

SP - you could be right. Another new trick to add to the long list. I hope you guys are getting on ok xx

My son does this too only now he's 16 months and does it from standing!!! It's definitely a protest/tantrum thing with him. I'm hoping it passes soon, he's been doing it since about 8 months on and off. He's a head banger too.....I'm so panicky about him hurting himself as he flings himself back and bangs his head so hard, I worry about concussion. I've been told to ignore him but it's really difficult when he's in such a state. Hope your little ones phase doesn't last too long, it's tiring!! Especially in public!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back