This lark is so confusing..

M1chelle

Reaction score
I finally felt like I had gotten my head around when I'm ovulating and then when AF should turn up.. the LP is supposed to be fairly consistent per person right??

So last month I got a peak opk and AF came 12 days later. I didn't get an obvious positive this month but got a fairly dark line; I counted the two days of dark lines as around the time when I ovd and yet AF has turned up today at no more than 9 DPO??

This is starting to annoy me now. I wasn't even upset at the fact that I wasn't pregnant, just pissed off that my body does what it bloody wants!

I always thought it was supposed to be fairly consistent but AF can arrive early or later for lots of reasons.. Ive only been TTC for 3 months but my LP was 9 then 10days.. Currently taking B6 to try and lengthen it xxx

I always thought it was supposed to be fairly consistent but AF can arrive early or later for lots of reasons.. Ive only been TTC for 3 months but my LP was 9 then 10days.. Currently taking B6 to try and lengthen it xxx

Thanks for posting Keely. There is nothing unusual about this time that I can think of which would affect AF.. So infuriating! I am reticent to try supplements etc as I don't want to confuse my body more than it probably is; I will wait til the doctor says to do something and they've said I shouldn't be introducing anything at this stage.

Next month I start my referral for the fertility clinic. Bring it bloody on.

Is it possible that you ovulated a bit earlier this month and missed it? I think OPK'S aren't always 100% reliable because if you aren't testing twice a day you can miss the surge. Sometimes you can also get a positive OPK because your body gears up for ovulation but for some reasonyour vbody doesn't release the egg, so you get another positive a few days later when it tries again. Would you try temping alongside OPK'S to confirm ovulation? .

I'm in a similar position, last month I think my LP was 15 days, the month before was 11. This month I'm 12dpo and no AF but not pregnant either (BFN today) so god only knows what my LP will be this month lol. So frustrating! I think I might try temping next month xx

Xx

Is it possible that you ovulated a bit earlier this month and missed it? I think OPK'S aren't always 100% reliable because if you aren't testing twice a day you can miss the surge. Sometimes you can also get a positive OPK because your body gears up for ovulation but for some reasonyour vbody doesn't release the egg, so you get another positive a few days later when it tries again. Would you try temping alongside OPK'S to confirm ovulation? .

I'm in a similar position, last month I think my LP was 15 days, the month before was 11. This month I'm 12dpo and no AF but not pregnant either (BFN today) so god only knows what my LP will be this month lol. So frustrating! I think I might try temping next month xx

Xx

I don't think so as I was testing since pretty early on. And I don't think I'd be able to temp as I don't always sleep that well and get up at different times during the week.

It's good in a way to hear that the LP can vary with people.. same as anything I guess. But yes it is frustrating! This whole thing is so frustrating because as soon as I think I've figured out what my body is doing, it does something else!

Good luck temping xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back