This is soooo confusing!

precious_cargo

Reaction score
:wall2:Having spent most of my fertile life trying to avoid pregnancy and we are now ready to TTC. Like everything in life I like to know the far end of fart but looking at the forums its all very confusing! bought What to expect before you expecting and looking at starting the pregnacare supplement. Dont really want to get into the whole charting thing if I can avoid it!
HELP!

:dust:

Last edited:
Just looked on the whole clearblue ovulation thing and they say your temp rises after ovulation?????? confused.com

Hiya, I'm new to all this aswel :) my first time TTC, came off my pill at the beginning of this year. I have started charting (as clinical as it sounds it really does help get your head around what to expect/look out for!). Your right your temperture does jump up just after ovulation (& if you stays high you are likely to be pregnant). I've only been charting my temperure over the last week, havn't noticed any changes yet but fingers crossed I can work out my cycle over the next few months... I didn't intend initially to read forums like these or chart things etc but then I became so excited about having a baby and wanted to learn more and now i've got really into it lol... good luck xx

You sound like you're really organised so would you recommend charting? I am quite tempted to have a try do you need to start charting at the beginning of cycle eg at start of your period or can you count back? The whole checking CM thing sounds a bit scary. We get married in August so I think the plan is to see what happens (been off the pill a while now as had been on it for a good 13 years) then bring out the big guns after the wedding if nothing happens! So is this your first cycle? :dust::dust:

ah congratulations on getting married :) how would you feel about getting married with a little bump? Have you already got your dress sorted! That could be interesting hehe... It sounds like a plan to get the big guns out afterwards :)... but i think charting in the meantime would mean that come august you would be more confident as to when your most fertile days are so hopefully shouldnt take as long to conceive afterwards. Yeah i'm with you on the CM thing :s I think I would only do that if still not pregnant in 6 months time or so... Since coming off my pill i've only had one 2day period which is a little random but about 3 years ago i switched from a combined pill to a pill called cerazette where most people don't ever have periods (which was the case for me) so i'm not sure if that was a proper period or not? If it was then today is officially my day 5, but because i havn't got a clue what my cycle is as I havnt had one for so long I'm going to track my temperature carefully this month then i'm thinking about using ovulation sticks next month but i don't want to get too caught up in it so would prefer to take it as it comes but i'm just too excited :> the chart i use starts on day 1 of your period but you can get some that are done it dates instead just type into google ovulation chart xx

Hello! I'm very new to TTC too - since New Year. I am on my second cycle, and this time around I've tried charting and OPKs. I guess it depends what works for you really. If you're happy to be quite chilled about it then I think that's fab - BD every other day and see what happens :D

For me, being a bit of a control freak, I've found it helpful to chart, use OPKs and monitor CM. I'm not very obsessive or anything (yet!), but it helps me to feel like I have a degree of control over something that is, ultimately, uncontrollable. I've learned so much about my body and how it works, though I think over time it would drive me mad! Whatever you choose to do, good luck and welcome! :wave:

Last edited:
Thanks girls! I am normally a bit of a control freak about things and trying hard to let things occur naturally although I have already gone and purchased a thermometer + charts! So I can feel my control freak tendencies slipping in gradually and now on my diet overhaul!!! lol so much for lets wait and see!!! :dance:

hehe :) it's so hard to have self control! I didnt even think I was that much of an organised person until this year lol. My partner has been making loads of home made soup full of veg with folic acid in + i'm taking suplements & we'r trying to exercise more. But at the min i'm enjoying the whole health kick, i've needed to have a healthier diet/lifestyle for a while and TTC has given me the kick up the *** i needed!

we should try and keep us other updated as to how we are getting on, it's nice to hear from other people that are at the same stage of the TTC journey :> good luck girls xx

Hi, I'm new to this too - I joined PF in January and came off Cerazette about 3 weeks ago. I was on the combined pill for nearly 20 years, then had the non-hormonal coil fitted for a year (would never, never recommend this as I had a terrible time with it and had to have it removed urgently when it started coming out!), and was then advised to start taking Cerazette as i was told it would be easy to conceive once I stopped taking it. I was only on it for about 6 months and seemed to have a permanent period (very light), which was very inconvenient to say the least!!

It's so weird getting my head around wanting to get pregnant as all of my adult life I was trying NOT to get pregnant lol. I started taking folic acid in January, and I have started charting my BBT and CM each day. I'm still trying to understand what it all means and am currently in limbo as I still haven't had AF since stopping Cerazette, my BBT is all over the place and I have no idea if I've ovulated yet! I'm not obsessed yet, but think I may be very soon!!!
Good luck to everyone TTC xxx

I'm glad there are others at the same stage as me. It's a real learning curve isn't it?!

Good luck girlies!! :)

Last edited:
I'm glad there are others at the same stage as me. It's a real learning curve isn't it?!

Good luck girlies!! :)

It certainly is..... a very steep learning curve! I am finding out things about my body that I never knew before and am wondering how I never noticed or questioned these changes before lol. :shock:

Haha sooo true! I can't believe I never noticed spotting before my periods, or cramps at ovulation, over the past 14 years!!

Hello ladies, I too am in the same position- first cycle of TTC like you said precious_cargo it's strange after spending my fertile life avoiding it to welcoming it! We are getting married in 5 weeks so taking it easy first few cycles- no charting but after that I'm sure I'll get in to it all.
Goodluck to everyone!

Awww ellisbump there seems to be a few of us ready to trot diwn the aisle!! Yay x

Two lots of the pregnacare preconception on board so not feeling any healthier! Hope it will do some good

When are you getting married precious_cargo? We are getting married 5th April, I would love to be able to look back at the pictures and think the baby was there and only we knew. Got to get hard trying and hope for beginners luck! X

Hiya

Welcome to the forum :)

If you dont want to get to into everything like me, I just bought big bundle of cheapie opks and hcg from ebay also some digi OVs so that when you get a + on the opk you can back it up with a digi as trying to compare colours of lines is a nightmare especially if you dont know when you OV!

Also if you dont have much CM I would recommend Consieve+ or Preseed which helps the spermies and also gives you that extra fluid that you need during OV.

Vit wise, I am on folic acid and pregnacare dual but each one is up to you! Maybe check out Holland and Barrats this month theyr doing buy one get one half price on everything so you could get like 2 sets of vits!

Luck ladies :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back