this happened to anyone else?

soconfused

Reaction score
saw my midwife this morning and unfortunately my blood pressure has not gone down and to make my life worse she said there is a small amount of blood in my wee :( which obviously isnt good. so she said if i get any head aches or black spots when i look at anything then i have to contact her asap. has anyone else had anything like this?

lauren n bump

xxx

hi lauren :D

it`s just precaution! try not too worry it will make your BP worse. :(

i was taken to hossy with a really bad migraine and high BP and traces of protein in the urine! that was 6 weeks ago and i am still plodding along. :eek:

i was only in hossy for 1 night, which was actually a nice break, got waited on hand and foot. the midwives were fantastic. :D

hope all turns out ok for u, keep us posted!

lots of love
stacey and bump (huge) :p

Not to scare anyone but your dr didnt mention preeclampsia?
Here in the states,high blood pressure and protein in the urine and headaches is considered a very serious and dangerous thing...And the longer you stay pregnant the worse it gets...You could have seizures,stroke and even die...Like I said I am not trying to scare anyone but it is a very serious thing...Go to http://www.preeclampsia.org for more info....I would not take this lightly...
Pansy

not being funny but in england we get very good care from our named midwifes, we are in good hands, think what you just said wud scare the s**t out of any one.

that last message was aimed at pansy btw.

any way honey7733 a fellow soton girl, where are you giving birth? PAH? im going to Hythe Birthing Centre, hows the whole pregnancy been, you must be sooo excited now

I wasn't by any means assuming you guys had bad medical care...Just different contries have different medical protocols...Sorry if it came across that way...Didn't mean to cause any hard feelings...
Pansy

Well it can't be pre-eclampsia if it's blood in your wee, not protein? Surely? Or am I totally wrong :? ?

I am not totally sure...But I don't think blood in urine has anything to do with preeclampsia...Again,I am not a dr and I am not totally sure...You can google preeclampsia for more information...
Also...Blood in the urine is a sign of a urinary tract infection which pregnant women are more prone to get...A UTI is very easily treated with antibiotics...But if left untreated can lead to a kidney infection which is a serious thing...So if you do have blood in your urine I would definately call the OB/midwife and ask them if you should be checked for a UTI...So you can get it treated right away...
Pansy

Pansy said:
Not to scare anyone but your dr didnt mention preeclampsia?
Here in the states,high blood pressure and protein in the urine and headaches is considered a very serious and dangerous thing

From this comment about pre-eclampsia I thought u were refering to lauren's case....sorry!!

Lauren - try not to worry about anything - if there was a serious issue her then your midwife would be monitoring you closer. As she says, if you get any head aches or black spots let her know straight away - this could be the sign of something more, but for now if she thinks you are okie - thenshe usually knows best.

If you are worried though give NHS Direct a call. Tell them you would like some health information and ask them what the syptoms relate to - then they can put your mind at rest of what you rmidwife is looking for signs of.

Hope this helps a little.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back