This feels worse than man flu

KeelyT90

Reaction score
Morning ladies,
So, since Sunday I have had a sore throat and felt weak. I went to the doctors Monday who advised it was a viral infection, this on top of my hayfever is literally killing me off. To make things worse, this heat is unbearable because of both pregnancy and already having a high temp due to the infection, I spent yesterday going dizzy and throwing up as a result. I've managed to drag my backside into work today but its so hot and stuffy in this office I feel like I am going to collapse.

I've got throat sweets & ice cold water but oh my lord, I think I need a stretcher!

Any tips? Doctor has given me nothing at all. :wall2:

:x

Oh my word, that sounds awful!!! I saw something on Facebook yesterday about draping a cold wet towel over your shoulders helps your body with the heat. Get your feet in some cold water as well when you can. Hope you feel better soon xx

Don't go to work!!!!!

Last night I filled a hot water bottle with cold water and stuck it in the freezer. Didn't have time to leave it for more than half an hour (I would have) but 30 mins was enough to chill it and omg it was amazing!! I kind of wrapped it in the bottom half of a sheet and put it on my back then had the other end of the sheet over me so I could pull it up and put it somewhere else (if that makes sense!) xx

Rub red slipper that's an amazing idea gonna try it :) x

That really is a good idea!!! I'm going to do that x

Hi keenly I have it too :-( I'm really chesty and have lost my voice too I deffo feel worse with it due to pregnancy and th heat at the moment!

Hi keenly I have it too :-( I'm really chesty and have lost my voice too I deffo feel worse with it due to pregnancy and th heat at the moment!
Oh no! It's really rubbish isn't it..... I can't speak without coughing now. And I know it's disgusting but very very phlegmy, it's making me feel sick. Hope you feel better soon x

Yeh the coughing has made me throw up a few times on the mend now though thankfully

Def the cold wet towel. It's heaven. I well recommend it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back