This could be a crazy question - please don't laugh me outa here!

AJay

Reaction score
So here it is - does chlorine in swimming pools affect CM particularly around ovulation?

Last edited:
I wouldn't have thought so. Millions of women go swimming throughout their cycle and get pregnant!

Don't think it would make a difference? Xxx

Yes thought so, but read some info (from a few sites) that says it can affect the ph and maybe reduce the effectiveness of cm on the crucial days. Mind you if I read enough, I am sure there will be something on the Internet that says sex is bad for conception!!!!!! LOL

Last edited:
Actually oral for play is meant to be a bit bad for swimmers :-/ I read that somewhere but ermm what man has a ring that long sorry tmi but ya know lol xx

lol - thanks jojo.

One of my friends said she worried about the same thing (not the oral foreplay - the chlorine!!!!) Joined a healthclub today so going to put any concerns out the window and go for a nice long swim. xxx

I honestly don't think it will matter cos ur not exactly having it away in the pool are ya lol by time u get to have some fun all traces will be gone and get some cplus if ur worried xx

I have heard that people can get pregnant in swimming pools/hot tubs so it might not even be an issue if you do dtd in the pool! Lol xxx

Last edited:
So funny - Lou - I don't want us to get chucked out of the Health Club when we have only just joined!!!!!! You make a good point though, plenty of people have probably dtd in a swimming pool and conceived.

jojo - what is cplus?

One thing I do know though, is that hot tubs are really bad for men's fertility. The heat is really bad for their spermies. DH in health club right now - do you think he will listen to my warning and stay out of the hot tub? I would find it hard to stay out as I love the hot tub, but for us girls we are ok till we bet a bfp, then it not advisable.

Can't believe I started this thread, not sure where you lovely ladies are going to take the conversation next.... xxx

Hmmm in what way is a hot tub is bad for their swimmers? They damage them? I sound like a right idiot now but we've got a hot tub and i cant imagine the uproar if i try to ban oh from it! I did go in it around ov so hope it didn't hurt my bean :/ need to stop doing this to myself! Lol xxx

Oh i just made a point in regard to your first question, i went in a chlorine based environment around ov and got pregnant, duhhh!! Xxx

Hi Lou, oh please don't worry about going in around ovulation, avoidance is just suggested when women know they are pregnant. Think how many women would have had gone in one when they were unaware of their pregnancy.

Health club hot tubs are usually very hot. Unlike a bath, they do not cool down. I have read that some couples, who have their own, turn them down a few degrees when trying for a baby. If you google men's fertility and hot tubs there is a lot of info. But oh no - please do not break that one to your DH today - it will just be one thing too many!!!!!! you can hatch a plan once you have read a bit more info xxxxx

Cplus is conceive plus it's just short for it it's sperm friendly lube if ya haven't got much fertile cm around ovulation time x

Thanks jojo, this forum is an education as well as a great support network xx

Sure is I'm 40 and before I joined here I didn't know wat the hell Ewcm was lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back