thinking making me go crazy...

Ah I'm sure he'll be fine, 8 years is a long time to get to know each other. He might be shocked at first, just like you were, but the more he thinks about it the more he'll warm to the idea.

Ours was planned but when my hubby came home from work I told him there was something wrong with the oven and asked him to look at it. I put a bun in there and it took him a little while but he got it!

When we told my step son I got a tshirt printed saying 'the worlds best big bro', it took him a while to click aswell but it was so nice when he realised!

Good luck telling him, you never know you might get the best reaction ever!

Hi hun, I found out whilst my OH was away too but thankfully was the day he came home. =\ lol. I bought a card and on the front it simply said 'just to say...' And inside I wrote 'you're going to be a daddy!'

We were trying but hasn't been trying long and expected it to be a while before we fell. Either way hun, I'm sure he'll be over the moon!! Don't panic if he goes silent, my OH didn't speak for over an hour but he was literally just speechless. Lol. Fingers crossed for you and if you need to talk to anyone, were all here for you. Xx

Is having children not something he really wants? Or is now just not a good time? I'm sure if it's not something you have planned for then he will be a bit shocked and it may take him a bit of time to get his head around the idea but I'm sure he will be fine once he gets used to it. More importantly, how do you feel about it? If you're happy then I'm sure he will be. It was obviously meant to be that's the way I would look at it.

With my partner we were neither trying or preventing really so when I missed we just knew so were expecting it and were both fine with it. Good luck with telling your oh and hopefully he will be thrilled to bits :) xx

When he comes home mayb do up his fav dinner and then say I have a surprise for you hand him a box with the preg test in it. Or say I want to tell you something important it may shock you but as I know you love me you will be happy too. Then tell him xx

I can't really give any tips on how to tell him as we were trying so I think it's a bit different. I would just say though that my OH didn't know how to react so try not to be upset / worried if he doesn't react in an 'ideal' way. Just remember you've had time to get your head around it in private - he will have to do it in front of you and as you're taking him by surprise you just don't know how he'll react! My OH was pleased, but shocked and didn't know what to say! Good luck x

I don't think there's an ideal way. As you've been together and such for a long period of time and you're both stable then whatever the reaction he's sure to come round to the idea. I'd only been with my OH 6 months when I found out I was pregnant and it was very much unplanned and he didnt have the best of reactions but now he fully welcomes the idea. Just try and come out with it :)

Ah I'm sure he'll be fine, 8 years is a long time to get to know each other. He might be shocked at first, just like you were, but the more he thinks about it the more he'll warm to the idea.

Ours was planned but when my hubby came home from work I told him there was something wrong with the oven and asked him to look at it. I put a bun in there and it took him a little while but he got it!

When we told my step son I got a tshirt printed saying 'the worlds best big bro', it took him a while to click aswell but it was so nice when he realised!

Good luck telling him, you never know you might get the best reaction ever!

Awww that was really a cute way to break the good news..:) :) :) Loved your ideas...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back