thinking about it...

Robyn_mcl

Reaction score
When can I start combine feeding? Lo will be 3wks on thur. I'm worried about nipple confusion. Atm he is struggling to latch when my nipples go soft. I just don't know what to do. X**

Also I forgot to add that I'm struggling with the cluster feeding. Lo had been cluster feeding since we came home. Lo cluster Fed from 4pm to midnight last night. Then today all day! I know he's feeding coz, he may be having a growth spurt or trying to establish my supply, but I'm physically and mentally exhausted!!
X

I was combining from three days which wasn't ideal but LO had no nipple confusion and doesn't now either. He was initially having one bottle in the afternoon now from 6 weeks he's had two a day from late afternoons into evenings. Xx

Ah :hugs: cluster feeding is exhausting but the good thing is if you can persevere it gets easier. My LO cluster feeds sometimes through the night on the hour then this week he's sleeping 3-4 hour stretches. Growth spurts def test our boobs out!

I introduced bottle in evenings not to prevent cluster feeding but because he sleeps in the middle of the day so my timings are around him! I'm hoping to give one bottle in day then at before he goes to bed instead!

Maybe rather than give a bottle completely offer the breast first then a top up of formula in the evening?x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back