Thinking about a Holiday to Crete - anyone been?

Bizzle

Reaction score
Hey all,
I've been away from here for sometime but got some great tips last time round. So thought some of you may have some more for me!

I'm looking at booking a holiday to Crete in October half term. I believe this will be the end of season so have heard Chania might be a good place as it is quite a big city (?) but is pretty and with lots of history.

We will looking for a self catering villa probably- all inclusive isn't our thing. Just want some time on the beach and nice food! Perhaps we'd do a boat trip or something similar, but otherwise just have some quality time together. The kids are 4 & 6, and we'd hire a car to see the island.

Any one been this time of year? Is it warm enough for the beach in October? Any tips or advice greatly appreciated. Anywhere good to go, or not to bother with etc.
Thank you

I have been but only as a child, I am really wanting to go back there tbh and the beaches round Chania are lovely. I've seen some apartments near Chania I want to go to in October this yr but not sure if I'll manage it (I need pet sitters and money for a hol LOL)

You could stay somewhere "near" Chania (in Chania but the outskirts) so you are close to the city but still in a bit quieter area.

Everything starts closing down in Greece around the end of September, so it might be fairly quiet with a lot of shut businesses, but it should be fairly warm still. Around 20-25 degrees in October I think :)

Hello! Ive been back about a month - we went to Crete for our honeymoon :) we stayed near Hersonnisos so can't help on the location front, but we had an amazing time. The palace of Knossos was really interesting to look round, and the boat trip to Spinalonga was fantastic! Hope you have a great time if you go x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back