Think THE big decision has been made...

Samsgirl

Reaction score
well, i think i have decided to go for a planned section this time....

I was so unsure what to do after last time, but i think the thing about my bloods and the possible complications has helped me make the decision. i may have to deliver at 38 weeks and after last time, there is no way i want to be induced and then knowing baby may need to go into scbu.......i want to be kind of 'with it'. i just wasnt last time and when lo was in scbu i couldnt see her for almost 24 hours and i was too ill to care for her. i know i will be sore, but at least i can plan things better and this morning i actually feel a bit more excited about the birth rather than just worrying about it all the time...

xx

That must be a big weight of your mind. It's great that your feeling excited about the birth x

You will be surprised. Not everyone is sore after a csection. I felt amazing and was up on my feet after 12 hours. I had the catheter out and was able to care for her if they brought her to the bed prior to being allowed up. Id do it 10 times over. I actually loved it!! Xx

tapatalking

You will be surprised. Not everyone is sore after a csection. I felt amazing and was up on my feet after 12 hours. I had the catheter out and was able to care for her if they brought her to the bed prior to being allowed up. Id do it 10 times over. I actually loved it!! Xx

tapatalking

was yours a planned scetion hon? x

It's great when you work things out in your mind. It's amazing how much of a weight it can lift. Glad you've decided and you feel better for it

Glad you've made the decision. I think now you can relax and try and enjoy the pregnancy without having to worry about the birth (well too much anyway).

xx

Did you have a natural birth last time? I had natural first time round, and planned section second time round. And to be honest I felt so much better and more active after c-section. They took catheter out after about 2 hours, and I was in the shower after 6 and feeling fine. Any questions, just ask x

So pleased you have decided! You can relax now!
Xxx

Did you have a natural birth last time? I had natural first time round, and planned section second time round. And to be honest I felt so much better and more active after c-section. They took catheter out after about 2 hours, and I was in the shower after 6 and feeling fine. Any questions, just ask x

hiya...yeah...i had a very bad delivery. my birth story is still in the birth announcements. it took me months to recover.....was just one of those everything went wrong things. i couldnt take baby out the house for about 13 weeks and it's only now that i feel my confidence is coming back. just awful :( but anyway, we got through it but i really don't think i can do it again. i thought i could....but the knwing it may mean an induction....im not prepared to do that. i would want completely natural.....so i just think section is the way for me and by the sounds of it, the way the medical team are going to recommend anyway. so good to hear positive stories about sections...thanks xxx

Thank you so much for all your support lades, it means so much. Most of you who have known me a while know what i went through and it means so much to still have you all here with me. xxx

hiya...yeah...i had a very bad delivery. my birth story is still in the birth announcements. it took me months to recover.....was just one of those everything went wrong things. i couldnt take baby out the house for about 13 weeks and it's only now that i feel my confidence is coming back. just awful :( but anyway, we got through it but i really don't think i can do it again. i thought i could....but the knwing it may mean an induction....im not prepared to do that. i would want completely natural.....so i just think section is the way for me and by the sounds of it, the way the medical team are going to recommend anyway. so good to hear positive stories about sections...thanks xxx

I'll have a look for your birth story now. Sounds like you had very similar experience to me first time around. Everything went wrong, 52 hour labour, mistake after mistake after mistake almost killed my son and I. Had to see a consultant for a year after, and also 6 months of physio. Swore I would never have another baby, then totally panicked when I found out I was pregnant again. The idea of a section freaked me out even more than what I had been through. My husband and sister physically had to drag me from the car in tears when the time came. Then I felt so stupid. It was such a relaxed, easy and fairly painless process in comparison. I wasn't tired from lack of sleep, and after about 30 mins in recovery straight off to the ward with my baby. Home 48 hours later. Main down sides are you can't drive for a while, and sometimes your milk doesn't come in straight away. X

I've just replied to your other thread, glad you've made your decision. I know how relieved I felt when I made up my mind x

tapatalking

was yours a planned scetion hon? x

Yeah elective but at 37weeks as I ended up with obstetric cholestasis. But csect was my decision. Was amazing. Xx

tapatalking

Thank you so much for all your support lades, it means so much. Most of you who have known me a while know what i went through and it means so much to still have you all here with me. xxx

I remember reading your story and thinking how brave you were. Xx

tapatalking

Thanks Gayle...i didn't feel very brave at the time. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27