Think I'm starting to miscarry

Vixter00

Reaction score
I posted in the first trimester forum just a few hours ago following spotting and my scan showing me at only 6 weeks with pulsations (I should be 9+3). Less than 12 hours after my scan I've just gone to the toilet and wiped to find a smal browny yellow glob, less than a centimetre in length. When I wiped again there was a largish clot, slightly red but mostly brown. It looked just like normal period clots except more jelly-like.
Does this sound like passing pregnancy tissue? I've not had any cramping and I'm so confused. I keep hoping that they've just measured wrong but I can't stop crying that this is over.

Oh you poor thing.
To be honest with you, it could be the beginnings of the horrible experience of miscarriage, but it could still be OK.
One of the worst things about MC is the wait between scans when things aren't clear, or I found this anyway.
Don't give up hope but try to prepare yourself too. Relax and if you need time off work, have it.
I read your dates thing. Babies grow at weird rates... So it is possible it would have grown by next time to where you think you should be.
However, you must look after yourself. Monitor bleeding, use a towel and rest, rest, rest.
You poor thing. So many of us have been there and it's horrific, but you will get through it, whatever happens, either way.
Let us know how you get on. You are not alone!
Should you need to, look at Miscarriage Association website. Great advice, a phone line to call and volunteers to speak to.
Only if you need to though. You may be ok. Xxxx

Thank you so much for your message. I've woken up with nausea this morning but I suppose that could just be because of stress. I can't find it in me to give up completely, even though I know it's likely that this is it. Other than the clots last night, it's still just brown discharge so far but I know some people have had that for a few days before the real bleeding starts.
The hardest part I think is the wait until next week. I keep telling my body to fight this and do all it can to help the baby get strong by the second scan. I hope I can come back and say everything is fine.

I hope everything is fine
With my second miscarriage i had brown blood for about a week then had justo loads of red and went to hospital they said I'd miscarried again. I really hope you go and they say everythings fine tho.
Sorry your going through this hun, take care of yourself x

Blood clots are dark red/brown tissue is white/grey colored so they look different only sometimes tissue cqn be hidden in a large clot. Yours sound more like blood clots so could be a MC but might not be. I'm afriad the difference between 6 weeks and 9 weeks on a scan should really be quite ovious. But maybe your dates are just out? really hope things are okay for you. Sorry you are going through this. Waiting to know what is going on is horrid. Hugs.

Last edited:
Yes. I think 3 weeks out is quite a lot, but have heard that it's possible... Could be totally wrong though :-(
Keep going Vixter. Maybe the Miscarraige Association could help you at this point even if you're not going to have one. Also, Tommy's is amazing. Follow them on Facebook for fantastic support. Their helpline is great too. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back