think I'm going a bit crazy!

handbagqueen

Reaction score
Hi all, need a bit of advice please or at leats reassurance that i'm not insane!

I have had the worst nights sleep over the past few days because of an awful smell in the bedroom!!! I automatically blamed my poor husband, changed the bed covers and then smelt the duvet which made me gag- made OH smell it but he said he couldn't smell anything... I threw the duvet away (yes i know I could've washed it but I was in a rght state!), bought a new one, put fresh covers on, OH was away last night so was looking forwrd to a nice nights sleep in a clean bed....then I smelt it again!!! We just bought new feather pillows and have only used them for a week- i aired them first before using them but they seem to stiiiinnnnnkkkk! Am I just going crazy or is it normal for feather pillows to have a strange odour that I'm picking up more?!

Hbq

Uhhh chances are its the sensitive to smell bit of early pregnancy you are suffering from.

Some women find their sense of smell goes haywire in first tri and they notice smells they've never picked up before, or a smell they always liked turns their stomach.

So stop throwing all your stuff away as chances as in a few weeks it'll pass and things will smell more normal again. I doubt your pillows actually smell bad, just your nose thinks they do. But it won't in a few weeks. Or tomorrow. Its how it is, sometimes it comes and goes, other times it sticks with us for a while.

My smell I could not stand was my hubby. Poor man. Never minded before but all of a sudden he seemed to smell revolting and I could not bear him near me, even after he was all clean and fresh out of the shower :roll: :wall: I made him change he deodorant also as his normal one made me urge. It passed when I hit about 12 weeks and I'm fine with it now.

I'd say its definately a heightened sense of smell due to being pregnant. I'm the same, people around me are starting to get really paranoid because all I can say is 'whats that smell?' constantly! Also my taste, I got a takeaway last night and all I could taste was the polystyrene(sp?) from the tray the meal came in. Weird. I can't even open the fridge because all the different smells knock me out. I'm taking it as a good sign that i'm defo pregnant! Your post made me laugh though!

xx

Thank you. i've stopped myself from throwing out the pillows and just put them in the spare room! Hope I don't end up hating the smell of my husband- don't really want to throw him away, kinda need him!
Trouble is I've always had a heightened sense of smell and just didn't think it could get worse- freaked me out a bit I guess. I now can't open the dishwasher without heaving so got to wait for someone to come round so I can have some dishes as husband is away! Oh what dramas I'm having :)

Just noticed your ticker is one day ahead of mine! Could explain why are symptoms are so similar!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back