think i must be odd

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by k8_005, Jul 1, 2013.

1. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

People all seem to get really excited about sweeps I really do want baby out but the less people who poke at my bits the better... I don't want to have to have a sweep unless I really really do lol

2. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

I'm with you mate!! It sounds dreadful!! I think following childbirth you are more used to it, gathering by what friend's telling me! I've never even felt my own cervix let alone someone else going near it! i remember hubby scratched it once by mistake and it was horrendous! although that is a fetish for some people I've heard! (sorry TMI..)

xx

3. Corrinne37

Corrinne37 Well-Known Member

I agree too!!!
    After reading all my natal hypnotherapy stuff, baby will come when good and ready and when uts right and im just trying to think like that, less of the poking thank you, but i SOOOO dont want to be induced!! Apparently i read in my book it contains horse and pig semen amongst other things to get fake hormones going nand uterus contracting EWWW! x

4. buggy1

buggy1 Well-Known Member

I'm terrible at having any sort of intimate examinations, I normally cry! Having said that you'll have very little dignity at the birth and you can't hide your bits away then so I suppose we had better get used to it lol

5. mablestarr

mablestarr Well-Known Member

I did feel like that before, it used to freak me out the whole idea of other people poking around in there. And as I had a section last time no one went anywhere near any of my bits. :)

But the alternative for me is a section and although it wasnt too bad I would like to try and deliver baby naturally (vaginally). So I discussed with the consultant having a sweep and he agreed to it. The day before I got the sweep I got OH to have a feel as I didn't want to get my hopes up and the consultant saying it was firmly shut.
    On the day it was fine, wasn't painful just uncomfertable and wierd having someone with their fingers up there.
    I also think that if I had to have an induction I would rather have a couple of sweeps first just to try and do it with out a full on induction.

I think its exciting to know that finally you're doing something to start the process of getting baby out and knowing that hopefully it shouldnt be too long until you meet your baby.

6. Kelly450

Kelly450 Well-Known Member

I agree I think....

I only think because I might really want one in a few weeks when I get so uncomfy. But I do not like the idea of it at all! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

7. JoeyClare

JoeyClare Well-Known Member

I don't fancy having a sweep either. I've not even had a smear test as I've only just been called for my first and being pregnant, I've had to delay it. If I'm still pregnant in 6 weeks, I may have changed my tune though!!

8. babyslog

babyslog Well-Known Member

I wasnt really fussed on one about a month or so ago or before lol.

But for the last week ive been dying for one! just so see if itll help!
    It didnt hurt at all, was over within 3mins! i had the blue tissue stuff over my lap and she only looked to insert, and then looked up and started asking me stuff about Noah lmao!
    Its uncomfortable but didnt hurt. Id rather this than being induced so FX itll work before that has to happen!! xx

9. buggy1

buggy1 Well-Known Member

I agree and I'm all for it if it gets things moving!

10. babyslog

babyslog Well-Known Member

I was expecting it to really hurt cos there was so many on here that was against it or dreading it..
    Ive had a bit of browny pinky discharge since but it doesnt hurt..
    Im just hoping itll work! haha x

11. Clairabelle

Clairabelle Well-Known Member

I'm the same K8 - really do not fancy having a sweep or being induced and will damn well try and avoid both if possible. Never had either in any of my previous pregnancies so fx won't have to this time xx