Think I might have puppies tonight!

cuddles, get yourself some rest and let your fella watch them all for atleast a few hours.

Hope everything goes alright petal and you do manage some sleep! XXX

Went to bed at 11pm with a banging headache which was still there at 6am when bf called me to take over. I turned the house upside down looking for paracetamol and almost kissed them when I found some lol

Feeling better now, I think I was dehydrated as all I drank yesterday was tea, plus heating been on full blast to keep babies warm.

She is doing much better in the last 24hrs her little tummy has filled out and I am hoping when I weigh her later she will have gained :)

Bf said is this what it is going to be like when our baby arrives all these sleepless nights lol...least he's getting a taste of it now!

Thanks for all your support girls, it's so nice to share stuff xxx

Sorry to hear you lost one............having a litter can be such a rollercoaster ride sometimes :( People think it's all about cuddling fluffy puppies but thats not all of it.

Responsible breeding is hard work.

Hope mum and the rest of the pups are doing well now x

I'm trying to stop his little sister fading now. She is as tiny and I have been putting her on teet every hour and staying with her to make sure she feeds. I am shattered! Bf going to take over for a couple hours so I can try and get some sleep, although I don't really want to but I know I got my baby to think of to. What on earth was I thinking having puppies while pregnant!

My sil bred her staff when she was preg too, her bitch had 11 puppies and she defo regretted breeding while preg lol

Last edited:
I'm trying to stop his little sister fading now. She is as tiny and I have been putting her on teet every hour and staying with her to make sure she feeds. I am shattered! Bf going to take over for a couple hours so I can try and get some sleep, although I don't really want to but I know I got my baby to think of to. What on earth was I thinking having puppies while pregnant!

My sil bred her staff when she was preg too, her bitch had 11 puppies and she defo regretted breeding while preg lol

wow 11!!! no way could I cope 6 is going to be bad enough, bet they ran her ragged!

wow 11!!! no way could I cope 6 is going to be bad enough, bet they ran her ragged!

Oh they did lol, she was expecting about 6 at the most lol, it was her first litter and she wasn,t all that big concidering how many there was, so you can imagine her suprise when they kept coming lol. She had two young kids as well as being preg!! shes not bred from her since lol

Oh they did lol, she was expecting about 6 at the most lol, it was her first litter and she wasn,t all that big concidering how many there was, so you can imagine her suprise when they kept coming lol. She had two young kids as well as being preg!! shes not bred from her since lol

I've got a staffy and when she was young she accidently got out and mated....she had just 1 pup...how weird is that! It was so big it got stuck so I had to put my fingers up and pull it out then it wasn't breathing so vet said give it mouth to mouth ....I thought oooooooooooooook didn't even know you could give a puppy mouth to mouth lol....she made it though bless her.

Aww bless your pooch hun and all those babies, sorry to hear you lost one but glad the other little girl is doing well!
When i was a kid our dog had puppies...13 of them as well :O she was a minx that one, could clear a 6ft gate when in season, as you can imagine those 13 puppies were all different shapes, colour and breed haha!! dunno how mum and dad coped with that many!

xx

Looks like I'm losing another (black and white one) not sure how much I can take this is just awful, he won't feed. I took them all to vets today and she said he could just be fading one of those things there is nothing they can do. I tried him on formula and he won't take it. She said if he still same tomorrow I have to have him put to sleep :(

I noticed this evening that his tummy was going purple and he still wasn't feeding and crying a lot. I rushed him up vets and she examined him...internal bleeding his mum must have stepped on him. I had him put to sleep. Made a right show of myself crying my eyes out got myself in a right state....but he is out of his pain now and hopefully his siblings will do well.

aww sorry to hear that Tee :( at least he is out of pain now the poor little mite! Thats the only problem with such large litters isnt it, when our dog had her 13 puppies she suffocated one by lying on it :(
Hope all the rest of the pups are doing well hun xx

Oh noooooo that is really sad Tee......................

Hope the remaining pups are doing well.

There's alot of research ongoing into Fading Puppy Syndrome, it's pointing towards the Herpes vaccination being useful prior to mating to prevent it, but sometimes I do think it's just 'nature'.

I plan to have a litter from my top working girl later this year - mad I know with a little person around too!! But as my lines have large litters 10 - 15 I figured that as I'll be on ML anyway it's not bad timing!!! I handreared a litter of 13 a few years ago - now that was hard work!!

Oh noooooo that is really sad Tee......................

Hope the remaining pups are doing well.

There's alot of research ongoing into Fading Puppy Syndrome, it's pointing towards the Herpes vaccination being useful prior to mating to prevent it, but sometimes I do think it's just 'nature'.

I plan to have a litter from my top working girl later this year - mad I know with a little person around too!! But as my lines have large litters 10 - 15 I figured that as I'll be on ML anyway it's not bad timing!!! I handreared a litter of 13 a few years ago - now that was hard work!!

wow how did you ever sleep raising that many! I am shattered doing shifts watching these little ones...I read about the vaccine and it is something I would deff get done if we have any more. I have a pedigree Bichon and had tried to have a litter of bichon paid a friend to bring her stud over but somehow a neighbours had got to her, when and how I don't know but I was shocked when they started coming out with colours....they are so cute though. Think dad is prob Jack Russel they look like they have terrier in them x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back