Think I have a boil on my neck yuk yuk-tmi

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by lrb, Jan 2, 2012.

1. lrb

lrb Well-Known Member

Never had one before thought it was a spot under skin but the smell, it's awful!! It's not even white or red just a hard lump! The stuff that's coming out if boiling and orange! There's no whole like a spot it's so hard and big n painful but left my fingers stinking even after washing 5 times lol! It's minging! Anyway of getting this cleared up? Had the lump for a month or so but only squeezed tonight! Sorrryyyyyy tmi lol

2. hello

hello Well-Known Member

Ouch. It could be a cyst or abcess. I get them n dr prescribes antibiotics to get rid the infection and they usually go down in swelling.

3. Olive

Olive Well-Known Member

Ouch! Sounds painful!! I'd go to GP and get something for it, just incase it becomes infected.x

4. NinjaKitty

NinjaKitty Well-Known Member

Sounds like a little sebaceous cyst to me rather than a boil. Is it at all painful? A boil will hurt like hell. However unless infected a cyst will be quite benign but you nay be able to squeeze a cottage cheese like substance out of it which smells well cheesy :puke: I've got a little one in my neck Ive had for years. Showed it the doctor who basically said they could cut it out if I wanted but it'd leave a scar. Get checked by a doctor just to make sure.

5. lrb

lrb Well-Known Member

Does smelly cheesy ish :/

6. NinjaKitty

NinjaKitty Well-Known Member

Get it checked at the docs. They can remove it if it's causing you an issue. If it is a cyst under the skin they don't tend to go away by themselves.

7. winnie89

winnie89 Well-Known Member

Hey hun I went to a and e with mine becausei had 4 on my thighs and they gave me some antibiotics and I made an appointment to have them drained but they popped on their own get to ur gp hun and they can prescribe you tablets no point you being uncomfortable xx