Think I am going mad! help please

rockstar29

Reaction score
Hello, I have recently been in hospital for Post traumatic stress, consequently I'm on medication and have been for 9 weeks. The last 2 and half weeks I have felt completely exhausted and suffered nauseous. My breasts are sore and leaking discharge which looks like milk. I had bloods done 3 weeks ago and it came back as a negative pregnancy. They believe it to be side effects from my medication causing these symptoms. My sense of smell is very heightened and I keep getting lower abdominal pains a bit like period pains but no period. I bled for one day about 10 days ago. I have taken two pregnancy tests with the faintest positive lines ever, and two digital tests which clearly state not pregnant. I have had my bloods took again but while I wait for the results I'm going crazy wanting to know one way or another. I start new medication tomorrow as well which is not advised for pregnant ladies so I'm really anxious to know one way or another. I don't know if it's all in my head or if I am experiencing pregnancy symptoms. I've never posted on a forum before but was hoping someone could help me please.

Poor you!

Obviously I can't tell you if you're pregnant or not, but you certainly sound very stressed out which can't be good for a PTSD recovery. Is there a doctor you trust or do you have a family member or friend who could help you explain how much this is upsetting you? Maybe they could do another blood test tomorrow before you start the medication to put your mind at ease one way or the other?

If they are saying these are side effects of the medication, can you ask the doctor to explain that to you in a bit more detail and show you some evidence? Are those side effects written in the medication leaflet that you find in the box?

Another thing to think about, do you know when you ovulate roughly each month or when your last period was before the 1-day bleed? If you compare that with when you have had sex you can at least work out if pregnancy is a possibility or not.

Thanks for replying, my last period was on the 12th of December. I don't know when I last ovulated as never checked or don't know how to. I last had sex a few days before Christmas.
As for the medication the breast discharge and sickness feeling is a side effect stated on the leaflet given with the medication. But the other symptoms are not listed I.e sore breasts and heightened sense of smell etc.
The hospital did another blood test on Friday but I'm waiting for the results. Until then it's hard to know what's going on. The two cheap tests with the faintest lines ever are what's worrying me although the clearblue easy digital with date both came back as negative one was even using this mornings urine. I have read these are not very sensitive though.

Assuming you ovulate on day 14 (this varies a lot between women) you would have ovulated on 26 dec. Sperm can live inside you for up to 5 days and of course you could have ovulated earlier than that, so it is not impossible you are pregnant.

If you were pregnant though you would be around 6 weeks by now (as this is counted from the first day of your last period) so normally you would see a strong line even on a cheap test and a digital would say pregnant. It's really unlikely that your test would show not pregnant now if you were.

I would say you should relax and not worry too much - the sore breasts and heightened sense of smell can also be a sign of impending ovulation, and if the bleed 10 days ago was your period, the timelines fit.

Thankyou so much for your advice. You seem to understand these things a lot more then I do, I just relax a bit and maybe I will start to feel better ☺

No problem. I hope you feel better soon, but come back here anytime with your questions. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back