Think he prefers bottle to my boobs :(

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by weenik, Nov 15, 2007.

1. weenik

weenik Well-Known Member

Hi girls - I had been giving Dylan a bottle of expressed milk just to get him familiar with it in case I wanted to go for a night out over Christmas. The thing is, I think he prefers having a bottle to my boobs now - I suppose it must be easier out the bottle. A few times now he has been really upset and just wouldn't take it from me so I gave him it from the bottle. I don't think I could express enough milk to keep him going every day - I'd constantly have the pump stuck to my boobs and I can't be bothered with that! I also won't put him onto formula so I need suggestions on how to get him liking my boobs again - any ideas? xx

2. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

I'd stop the bottle of EBM for the time being. It is a lot easier for babies to get milk out of a bottle teat and it sounds like he's getting frustrated that it's not coming out of your boob as quickly as it does a bottle. Until things start getting back on track with the boob feeds I'd drop the bottle :)

3. mamichuli

mamichuli Well-Known Member

I agree with Kina, you may find it a bit difficult, as now that he has had a bottle, he may cry and refuse to latch on. Best not to give him a bottle, but leave him for a few mins and offer him breast again. you may find you have to feed more often for a while, as he may tire on the breast more quickly than he did before. As Kina said, it is easier for baby to get milk out of a bottle and he may be a bit lazy, little monkey :rotfl:

Dont let it get you down, he will soon latch on again!
    :hug: :hug:
    Lisa

4. *saulino*

*saulino* Well-Known Member

Hi

I totally agree drop the bottle feed hun you know he can take out of it so just use it when you leave him now :D