Think about giving birth/Labour

Well when you think about it when you lie down you baby sort of had to come around a u- bend to come out ? If your standing gravity helps too . I reckon the reason my second was so easy is I did a lot if squating on a birthing ball in early labour and got down in my hands and knees to clean the floor .Then when the contractions were painfully I remember holding the side of the bed and rocking my hips to help baby move down :lol: I must have looked nuts but it felt natural .

Well when you think about it when you lie down you baby sort of had to come around a u- bend to come out ? If your standing gravity helps too . I reckon the reason my second was so easy is I did a lot if squating on a birthing ball in early labour and got down in my hands and knees to clean the floor .Then when the contractions were painfully I remember holding the side of the bed and rocking my hips to help baby move down :lol: I must have looked nuts but it felt natural .
I see ...............I will be trying out your techniques lol x

As this is my first pregnancy I have no idea what to expect and now I keep thinking about the labour and giving birth.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share on

1. How long you where in Labour for ?
2. What you where wearing during labour ?
3. Offer any advice to a first time mum ?
4. What pain relief did you opt for ?

1. Contractions started at 11.30pm Thursday eve. My boy arrived at 5.24am. Just under 6 hours of labour.
2. As soon as I got on the bed, I just wanted my clothes off. Really isn't something you really think or worry about at the time. :)
3. Relax. Things will happen. Let nature take its course. If you need assistance in any way then so be it. Got to do what's best for you and baby. And although this is gna sound crazy...enjoy it! It's the most empowering feeling I have ever felt and can't wait to do it all over again!
4. I only had gas and air. Next time I'm hoping for a water birth with nothing except gas and air if needed. I'm not going to lie, it did hurt. But with each pain it made me think it was one step closer to meeting my baby.

Hope this helps.xxx

As this is my first pregnancy I have no idea what to expect and now I keep thinking about the labour and giving birth.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share on

1. How long you where in Labour for ?
2. What you where wearing during labour ?
3. Offer any advice to a first time mum ?
4. What pain relief did you opt for ?

1. 14 hours from first niggle to birth. 7 of those were in hospital after arriving at 8cm.

2. Went into hospital wearing leggings and a long top. Ended up with just my top on, I couldn't be bothered to change and the mw said I didn't have to if I didn't want to.

3. Like others have said don't set your heart on anything. You don't want to panic if things don't happen as you imagine. Stay at home and upright as long as possible.

4. Gas and air, bloody love that stuff! Only half a shot of pethadine as they don't usually give it as late on as I had it but agreed due to back to back baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back