Things you didn't use and things you brought afterwards

babsi

Reaction score
What things didn't you use for your baby that you brought before they were born or find useless?

1.Snowsuit, was too big and Kai would probably have been too warm in it.
2.Thick towels, much prefer using thin towels.
3.Bouncer, just doesn't seem to like it very much
4.Too many blankets - flat is too warm for him to have them on

Now things that you brought after your baby was born that you wouldn't be without
1.Sterilizer
2.Bottle Warmer
3.High Chair

When I think of more I will add them

Yeah snow suits, i bought about 5 and she never wore any of them! Her changing table, its good for storage but i always change her on the floor.
I also bought way to many blankets. I have about 10 but she sleeps in a grobag in the night and i would say i only needed 2 or 3.

Too many blankets Kacy never liked sleeping in her moses basket with a blanket on her so it was always underneither her, and her in her cot she now sleeps in a sleeping bag. and a bottle warmer she has it at room temperature she doesn't like her bottles warm or cold. and too many vest and sleep suites, but now she has grown out of them i dont have that many for 3-6 months.

I have such a gorgeous snowsuit..it's thick padded denim with a fur trim. It was 22 quid from mothercare, size 0-3.

Brody STILL does not fit into it, and has never worn it. Gutted :(

Also bougth a lovely outfit from next, with a padded red body warmer. It's so impractical, we can't fit him in the car seat if he's wearing it cos it's so thick and padded.

Afterwards I've bought and love:

Teething beads (so good they've got their own thread)
Bath Hammock

urchin, we got a really nice snowsuit from h&m and it is 2-4 months, and it is isn't like Kai is a small baby and it doesn't even fit now at 2 and a half months, I just got it and had a look at it, still too big...h&m stuff is weird, some stuff is a great fit and others are just too big.

I was just having a look in the nursery and saw a few things we haven't used much now:
1.We got way too many cloths to wash him with, probably have around 30 when in fact we use 1 a day.
2.Liquid talculm powder - never used it
3.Got way too many hats - thought he would have to wear one all the time - just use it when we go out

Also looking at his clothes now, I think I have way too much 3-6 months stuff lol...he is just starting to wear it now.

baby towels - he is too big for them now - better off just buying normal towels
People bought me far too many snowsuits - wouldn't fit in to car seat!!

Wouldn't be without my baby bath seat
Gro-bags - ace!
Bouncer
v shaped pillow - for propping him up when feeding or using as a bolster now he is sitting

dionne said:
whats a bath hammock?

Sorry I call it a bath hammock I think it's actually called a "Bath support"

One of these anyway:

john-lewis-bath-support.jpg

I'm gonna go completely against what everyone else has said!!

I didn't buy enough blankets, I only bought about 4 or 5 and needed to by more, as she loves a blanket at all times and uses 2 in bed. I also didn't buy enough snowsuits. Granted, she didn't fit into them for a while but as soon as she did, I used one every day and they soon become dirty. Also, her legs are growing really fast so I keep having to buy bigger sizes, she is onto her 5th one now...

Things I bought which I wish I hadn't bothered with are bath toiletries (she just used mild baby bath/wash), soft toys (completely useless), toy arches (she's not interested) and baby carrier thingy (she's never been in it)

One other thing I regret is buying everything in pink. Not only does it get boring, but babies love bright colours.

The things I couldn't live without are her bouncer chair (doesn't actually bounce) it's a really thick, sturdy one by mamas and papas and she uses it for naps. Her baby gym is a winner, and muslins are indespensible.

I was also surprised how many bibs she goes through, I must have 30 and I can never find one, they're always in the wash!!

I'll stop now and let someone else get a word in edgeways lol

LOL Kim :D

Useless things i bought-

Baby monitor- my house is tiny dunno why i thought i wouldn't be able to hear him lol
Breast pump- only bf 4 days so never used
baby carrier

Things i couldn't be without-

Bibs- Reece has 73 and there has been days when i've ran out :shock:
Baby walker
Snowsuits
Baby to toddler rocking chair- i did have a vibrating bouncy chair but Reece grew out of it quickly so i wish i'd bought this one in the first place!!!
Fire guard

hearts81 said:
Baby to toddler rocking chair- i did have a vibrating bouncy chair but Reece grew out of it quickly so i wish i'd bought this one in the first place!!!
Fire guard

OOh that sounds interesting what's it like?

Bought too many newborn clothes, plus she zoomed out of her 0-3 months by the time she was 2 months old!
Snowsuits were no good - too long on the arms and she hated them.
Swinging chair we used a bit, but not too much.
Wind up cot mobile - soon bought a battery operated one!
Too many blankets - she's been in her grobag since she was days old.
A cheap baby monitor - ended up buying a digital one as the cheapy one was crap.
Too many fiddly outfits - comfy tops and trousers were best when she was small.

Best buy was an electric breast pump, more grobags,

AND A SLING! CAN'T RECOMMEND IT ENOUGH :D

Kim said:
and muslins are indespensible.

iv always seen these in the shops, what are they used for???

oh hurchin a bath support, yeah i loved Diors one found it much better then a baby bath

Kim said:
hearts81 said:
Fire guard

OOh that sounds interesting what's it like?

H0640_b_2.jpg

its great!!! For babies its a normal vibrating chair. For feeding and nap times you can make it secure by folding out the bar-as shown in pic. Then for toddlers its just a normal rocking chair.

Up to 40lbs- usually baby ones are 20lb!!! AND its about the same price as the others!!! :dance:

hearts81 said:
Up to 40lbs- usually baby ones are 20lb!!! AND its about the same price as the others!!! :dance:

how old it 40lbs about??? and how much was it?

I don't know about the 40lb age but Reece only 21lb at 8 months and his weight slowing down. On the box there a pic of a boy about 2 1/2 sitting on it. Its quite strong.

I got mine from argos. Not sure but think it was about £30

There isn't anything really that I bought that I haven't used. We got given a load of toiletries but haven't really used them much. I guess I would perhaps have chosen a different type of steriliser as I don't really use it so maybe a microwave one would have been better but we still use the steriliser at times.

Things that we have gotten since and loved are grobags and bibs. Also soft rattley toys as Seren loves playing with them.

Am breastfeeding and don't express milk that often so only use it a couple of times a week.

Sorry never clicked on lol.
My brain doesn't work anymore :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back