Things which are only true in soapland

libs

Reaction score
following on from a TTC thread

1. Hardly anyone has a computer - in fact in Emmerdale even if you're a journalist you use the computer in the cafe to do your work

2. Most people work in the same street/village/square where they live

3. No one watches soaps :wink:

any more?

No one has breakfast at home

or a washing machine

They are all rich enough to eat in the cafe then spend all night in the pub :lol:

Got another one
in eastenders and corrie they both have garages yet no one drives :think: so how do the garages make money :?

noone does a "big" shop either :think: just odds and ends from the local shop

Nic'n'Keeley said:
Got another one
in eastenders and corrie they both have garages yet no one drives :think: so how do the garages make money :?

:rotfl:

Also most of the houses must have loads more bedrooms than average by the number of people who live there (think about Gails house in Corrie - it must be 4 bedroomed to each have a room- but looks a lot smaller :think: )

Whenever someone says "thats not going to happen" you know it will!

You can tell if someone is evil because they hug someone and smirk.

Anyone with a motorbike is baaaaaaaaad

No-one uses the toilet.

lol,

the bradley/max/stacey thing

whispering to each other and giving each other those looks when other people are in the room.
course you would notice!!

erm... everyone knows everyone
that doesnt happen on normal streets, not mine anyway!

everyone works on the same street they live on.

* Everyone has more-or-less perfect make-up and hair most of the time.

* One night stands ALWAYS lead to pregnancy.

* No one ever rings "just for a chat".

glitzyglamgirl said:
Whenever someone says "thats not going to happen" you know it will!

You can tell if someone is evil because they hug someone and smirk.

Anyone with a motorbike is baaaaaaaaad

No-one uses the toilet.

I love the hug and smirk :rotfl: I'd like to watch back to back clips of hugs and smirks accompanied by the end of Eastenders boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom.

:lol:

geeks always end up having a makeover and transforming into a georgous hunk :lol:

(im waiting for that welsh geek in hollyoaks to get the treatment hehe)

Whenever you see a full moon, a train or a tram - you know something dramatic is about to happen

There is always a birth/death/marriage on Xmas day

People who have just lost their jobs always have money to go to the pub or down the local cafe!!... :think:

No one ever swears

Theres always a teenage pregnancy

Theres only ever one indian family (Im still yet to see an oriental family)

Not one woman is portrayed well (not that i can think of anyway)

No one works in the city and if they do they move to work closer to home.

More things happen to one person in about a month than could ever happen to someone in their lifetime.
Sarah from corrie has had a teenage pregnancy,had a stepfather who was a murderer,went joyridin and nearly died with some young lad,got kidnapped by some internet pervert,
beths dad died and beths dads mum kidnapped beth and nearly jumped off a roof with her,she lost her and todds baby when todd said he was gay, she stole jason from violet who stood her up at first wedding and has a psycho for a brother who is trying to split her and jason up.
She has had an eventful life considering she is quire young.
Have i missed anything :D

mrs h said:
More things happen to one person in about a month than could ever happen to someone in their lifetime.
Sarah from corrie has had a teenage pregnancy,had a stepfather who was a murderer,went joyridin and nearly died with some young lad,got kidnapped by some internet pervert,
beths dad died and beths dads mum kidnapped beth and nearly jumped off a roof with her,she lost her and todds baby when todd said he was gay, she stole jason from violet who stood her up at first wedding and has a psycho for a brother who is trying to split her and jason up.
She has had an eventful life considering she is quire young.
Have i missed anything :D

Yeah her real dad Brian Tilsley was stabbed outside a nightclub wasn't he?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back